About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Gravity and Swimming
AndrewBGS Offline

Gravity and Swimming
I didn't seem to find a thread about either of these issues so I'm making my own.
I need some pointing in the right direction regarding these 2 features:

Gravity: while the game has some king of gravity of its own, it's really not realistic. The guy falls at a constant speed (which also happens to be quite low) ; Now what I would like to achieve is a guy falling in accelerated mode, or at least faster. Also, how do I find a way to make the guy take damage from falling? Idealy I'd do this according to his velocity, but I can work with whatever ideas you can give me.

Swimming: How can I find out when my character is in water? Also, in water under a certain depth. I found some functions to find nearest water, and nearest point under height 0 or something (good for finding an ocean) but that doesn't exactly help. I need to be able to tell when the guy is in water over his waist or something. How can achieve that?
04-06-2013 10:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dwight Offline

RE: Gravity and Swimming
Posted it a while back (Use the search function sometimes wink )
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...t=swimming
04-06-2013 03:46 PM
AndrewBGS Offline

RE: Gravity and Swimming
Thanks. I do, but only search for titles, searching for text inside posts gets me a ton of things i'm not interested in. I'll look it up, thank you.

Right, that should fix my problem with swimming, how about my gravity issue? Without making up physics myself, can't I add some gravitational acceleration or something, and a function so my character would take damage from falling?
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 04:02 PM by AndrewBGS.)
04-06-2013 03:48 PM