About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Loading objects issues
AndrewBGS Offline

Loading objects issues
I'm having some problems loading objects in the world.
In the world editor, there's a static table, with some apple items on it.
The apples are objects of type OBJ_ITEM, same as some swords laying around.

When I run my application, I can see the table and the swords, but not the apples. Does anyone have any idea why that might happen?
I had this issue before, but the problem was that the objects were not of the OBJ_ITEM type and they weren't loaded in any container.
Now my apples ARE OBJ_ITEM, they seem to have exactly the same settings as the swords (different parameters, could it matter?) but the apples don't show in the application.

Help would be very much appreciated.

PS: if I change the apple's class to OBJ_STATIC or Terrain, or something like that, they are displayed. But obviously, i want apples to be items.
Also I should probably add, this does only occur on objects I created. Any settings I should apply to them that I'm not aware of? - i see them in the world editor, just not in the application. That's what bugs me.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2013 09:58 AM by AndrewBGS.)
04-10-2013 09:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rabishan Offline

RE: Loading objects issues
just a guess. maybe its physics issue.
04-10-2013 10:42 AM
AndrewBGS Offline

RE: Loading objects issues
Gee. Well you were right, my objects didn't have physics yet. Thanks, sorry if it was a silly question. I'll have to understand this engine better, I had no idea items can't be loaded without physics. Thanks a lot!
04-10-2013 10:44 AM