About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Stupidest Question Ever
Shatterstar Offline

Stupidest Question Ever
Is 1.0 still inside of 2.0? If so, where can I find It? Greg said that he just finished build 23 for 1.0 but I'm assuming its packaged inside of 2.0. could someone tell where to find it? Also, If it's not in their, Please put it back in Greg...there are things in 1.0 that i perferr to use, like the Particle editor for instance. I think your 2.0 is heading in the right direction, it's just that i still feel a little more at home with 1.0 right now. Thanks.
04-17-2013 08:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fex Offline
Gold Supporter

RE: Stupidest Question Ever
You need to either have, or redownload the 1.0 SDK and then use the updater to upgrade 1.0 to build 23. If you didn't purchase the 1.0 before he took it down from the store, and you have lost your 1.0 trial installer, you may be out of luck.

If you purchased the 1.0 SDK the installer will show up in the store.
04-17-2013 08:22 PM
krokodilcapa Offline

You can still get the installer from here:
http://www.esenthel.com/download/Patcher...taller.exe
I don't really understand why Esenthel removed the link from the store, if he still updating 1.0 too.
04-17-2013 08:32 PM
Shatterstar Offline

people should be able to use both, because they both compliment each other. I don't see how it would hurt his 2.0 sales...in fact, it would probably help the sales because 1.0 and 2.0 are compatable. I like the originality of the idea. Other game engines don't make 1.0's and 2.0's compatible...but they should; (Unless major changes prevent that.) If I ever made a solid game engine as 1.0 is, I would want the world to see it. There are things in 1.0 that i like better and there are things in 2.0 that i like better. The best way to build on this awesome engine is to make them both compatible and both easily accessable. The proper licensing and proper publishing within the license you bought should take care of the rest. making them both usable to the artist, is putting the artist first above everything else...and that will always increase your sales. The community will forever appreciate it. Greg has great customer service, but i hope he reads this and thinks on it.
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2013 09:06 PM by Shatterstar.)
04-17-2013 08:51 PM
dylantan Offline

(04-17-2013 08:51 PM)Shatterstar Wrote:  people should be able to use both, because they both compliment each other. I don't see how it would hurt his 2.0 sales...in fact, it would probably help the sales because 1.0 and 2.0 are compatable. I like the originality of the idea. Other game engines don't make 1.0's and 2.0's compatible...but they should; (Unless major changes prevent that.) If I ever made a solid game engine as 1.0 is, I would want the world to see it. There are things in 1.0 that i like better and there are things in 2.0 that i like better. The best way to build on this awesome engine is to make them both compatible and both easily accessable. The proper licensing and proper publishing within the license you bought should take care of the rest. making them both usable to the artist, is putting the artist first above everything else...and that will always increase your sales. The community will forever appreciate it. Greg has great customer service, but i hope he reads this and thinks on it.

I totally agreed with you. Many of us still on 1.0 platform, and dropping 1.0 (means without further updates) would really leave us hanging. Even if you don't plan to further update the tools, but we implore Esenthel to at least do update us on the engine :(
04-18-2013 02:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
candam Offline

(04-17-2013 08:02 PM)Shatterstar Wrote:  Is 1.0 still inside of 2.0? If so, where can I find It? Greg said that he just finished build 23 for 1.0 but I'm assuming its packaged inside of 2.0. could someone tell where to find it? Also, If it's not in their, Please put it back in Greg...there are things in 1.0 that i perferr to use, like the Particle editor for instance. I think your 2.0 is heading in the right direction, it's just that i still feel a little more at home with 1.0 right now. Thanks.

Actually I have another opinion and it's that we define the most needed features from version one and add it the top of the roadmap in order to focus on one product and enrich it with the most possible features

like particle editor ,visual scripting like triggers etc that's as an alternative for distracting developer time on 2 different products btw they're compatible because they use the same headers libs but version 2 is a completely redesigned editor from scratch smile
04-18-2013 10:34 AM
Shatterstar Offline

(04-18-2013 10:34 AM)candam Wrote:  
(04-17-2013 08:02 PM)Shatterstar Wrote:  Is 1.0 still inside of 2.0? If so, where can I find It? Greg said that he just finished build 23 for 1.0 but I'm assuming its packaged inside of 2.0. could someone tell where to find it? Also, If it's not in their, Please put it back in Greg...there are things in 1.0 that i perferr to use, like the Particle editor for instance. I think your 2.0 is heading in the right direction, it's just that i still feel a little more at home with 1.0 right now. Thanks.

Actually I have another opinion and it's that we define the most needed features from version one and add it the top of the roadmap in order to focus on one product and enrich it with the most possible features

like particle editor ,visual scripting like triggers etc that's as an alternative for distracting developer time on 2 different products btw they're compatible because they use the same headers libs but version 2 is a completely redesigned editor from scratch smile

Yeah, it's just a different editor smile but what I'm saying is. Since he has decided to keep updating both, why not have it in the store? I need particle editor. I make my own particles from images, and the particle editor is one of the main reasons i chose Esenthel. If he decides to no longer update 1.0 then he should have 1.0 in the store until 2.0 has all the same features as 1.0. And another thing, they compliment each other. I know there are alot of coders around here, but there are alot of 3d artist/designers that love to use both 1.0 and 2.0 with their game designs. I know I can't be alone on this.
04-18-2013 03:50 PM
candam Offline

(04-18-2013 03:50 PM)Shatterstar Wrote:  
(04-18-2013 10:34 AM)candam Wrote:  

Yeah, it's just a different editor smile but what I'm saying is. Since he has decided to keep updating both, why not have it in the store? I need particle editor. I make my own particles from images, and the particle editor is one of the main reasons i chose Esenthel. If he decides to no longer update 1.0 then he should have 1.0 in the store until 2.0 has all the same features as 1.0. And another thing, they compliment each other. I know there are alot of coders around here, but there are alot of 3d artist/designers that love to use both 1.0 and 2.0 with their game designs. I know I can't be alone on this.
ShatterStar I agree with you about some points like particle editor

but I guess it's no longer in the store for the people to purchase nor test

but if you already licensed it you will get it in the store it's all about time and we will see the particle editor and shader editor in version 2

we all agree that version 2 is an elegant complete tool to make games but it needs some modifications and additions like the tools we actually need like some editors ,undo for all of the editor panels etc

it's all about time I hope particle editor to be on the top of the roadmap
because it's so important

My best wishes ShatterStar smile
04-18-2013 03:54 PM