About Store Forum Documentation Contact

C++ or Esenthel script
flim Offline

C++ or Esenthel script
I am confused, what is Esenthel script?

I can't find Esenthel script information on Wiki. The only programming language in Esenthel is C++, is it correct?
04-24-2013 03:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rubeus Offline

RE: C++ or Esenthel script
Yes. Esenthel Script is C++ with a few minor changes. If you use Esenthel Script, you don't have to worry about re-coding things for cross platform games. It automatically converts the code you write to C++ then compiles with Visual Studio or the mac/Android equivelant.
04-24-2013 03:36 AM
flim Offline

Hmm...
Is that mean the code in Esenthel editor is programming in Esenthel script?
So Esenthel script is a cross platform C++ for Esenthel engine, can I say that?
The programming section in wiki is target for Esenthel script?

Thank you.
04-24-2013 03:57 AM
Tottel Offline

(04-24-2013 03:57 AM)flim Wrote:  Is that mean the code in Esenthel editor is programming in Esenthel script?

That's correct.

(04-24-2013 03:57 AM)flim Wrote:  So Esenthel script is a cross platform C++ for Esenthel engine, can I say that?

Yep. smile

(04-24-2013 03:57 AM)flim Wrote:  The programming section in wiki is target for Esenthel script?

It's targeting both; it's just explains how the engine works, regardless of what you program in.
04-24-2013 10:57 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Apart from the cross platform advantage of using Esenthel Script there are a series of helpful macros/functions that have been added. Check out the Programming Macros page on the Wiki for example, you will see these used often in example code along with the container types defined in this page Memory Containers.

Pressing F8 in the editor at any time will drop you into MS Visual Studio with the project loaded allowing you to use that IDE's facilities.
04-24-2013 11:38 AM