About Store Forum Documentation Contact

License Price
BlueStorm Offline

License Price
Hey Esenthel,

excuse me my english, but me and my team are german.
Well I have some questions about the license price.
Normally it's so, that other engine developer offers License's up to 25 seats to a acceptable price.

So why is your engine so expensive?
I mean we are 10 guys and have to buy licenses for 2000$ ???

Is it possible to get a trial access into the full engine?
The demo is a joke and doesn't shows all features.

And my team and also me don't want to buy licenses without a check.

well, may we get a "trial access" and is it possible to offer "seat licenses"?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

BlueStorm.
05-01-2013 08:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

RE: License Price
I don't understand your complaint, to me $200 per seat is very competitive considering what you get with this engine. There are no royalty payments due on published games so everything you make on eventual sale of your game is your own. Esenthel has to make his money upfront. Believe me ... it's a great price.
05-02-2013 08:06 AM
Ecco Offline

..engine price is rather cheap, considering what it offers..if you have 10 programmers and 2000$ is too much, then Im wondering what you going to say once you start licensing tools for artists (I assuming that you have at least same number of artists on board, considering number of programmers)..
05-02-2013 08:36 AM
Scarlet Thread Offline

Hmm.. indeed this is a very very good price. Tell me what decent engine sells for $200 for 25 seats royalty free?
05-02-2013 09:03 AM
Nito Vermilion Offline

i think the demo shows enough depth to compare it to other engines. So I think if you can not decided by the demo I do not really know what engine you should look for since every demo I tested out showed me around the same depth. (http://www.esenthel.com/?id=compare).

Another option is: buy one license and try it out with the things you wanna do. If it pleases you get the rest if not then yeah.

Considering other engine prices and the amount of tools you get EE is one of the best ones with an outstanding support.

Another point I want to make: If you really not pleased by the demo then just create another thread where you ask your specific questions about the features you want/need for your project. I guess Esenthel plus we as the community can help you guys out.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 09:39 AM by Nito Vermilion.)
05-02-2013 09:38 AM
Dalmat Offline

Well, i have to agree, price is very cheap for what the engine offers. I have searched for months to find a good engine for a price, and Esenthel was the best choice. If you want to go pro, you cant go less than 10-30.000$. Esenthel cant compete with those engines with features, but with price, and 2000$ is nothing compared to 10 or 30.
Anyway, if you have 10 ppl, you will spend that much on coffe in 2 months.. :=)
05-02-2013 09:43 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

(05-02-2013 09:43 AM)Dalmat Wrote:  Anyway, if you have 10 ppl, you will spend that much on coffe in 2 months.. :=)

that last comment really made my day lol
05-02-2013 10:11 AM
BlueStorm Offline

Thank you all for the different answers.
The problem is, we are 10 guys, but not all are programmer.
It seems that we have to find a way. smile

I think the price is absolutely correct, but Im not 10 ppl. *g*
My problem is, that some guys dont want to pay 200$ for one seat.

The coffee problem is also done. I put dirt in the machine and say "The new sort from Starbucks grin"

Well done, thank you. lol
05-02-2013 11:26 AM
Rubeus Offline

Touché!

I can understand where you are coming from. I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my artist-all he will be doing is creating art assets. It seems like a waste to license another full seat for only a relatively small subset of the engine.
With a larger team, maybe only license a seat for 1 artist, and have the others send their resources to that one who then adds them to the project and does the in-editor/game tweaking.
05-02-2013 02:45 PM