About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Trees - setup and animation: how?
Gian-Reto Offline

Trees - setup and animation: how?
Hi

Until now I evaded the topic of creating Trees and shrubs in Esenthel (I've been spoiled by the tree generators in other engines and... well, was kind of busy with other things), so I never really got around to creating and importing trees to the Esenthel Engine.

I wanted to ask if there are any good tutorials around, or if someone is willing sharing their knowledge to the following things:

1) How to create trees for the Esenthel Engine so they can be animated (to simulate wind zones for example)

2) there is a leaf shader. What is the difference to the normal blend and grass shader?

3) Is there any possibility to access the "animation speed" of the grass shader to synchronize the grass animation with the tree animation?

Thanks in advance

Regards

gian-Reto
05-07-2013 11:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Trees - setup and animation: how?
1) you can make your own shader, or use Skeleton/Bones/Skinning (animating via pregenerated animations), or just use already available leaf/grass material techniques

2) it automatically rotates/animates the mesh vertexes in the shader - http://www.esenthel.com/wiki/index.php?t...ting_Grass

3) sorry, it's hard coded
05-12-2013 05:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply