About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Particle editor features
gdalex Offline

Particle editor features
Hi Esenthel,

Here are some features that would be nice to include in the parameters that controles the particles :

- Possibility to group several particles emitters in the same system (useful for fire+smoke)
- Delay the beginning of emission for an emitter in a system.
(For example: an explosion system, starting the emission of smoke right after the explosion)
- Allowing to drag and drop a mesh as emitter shape
- Allowing to drag and drop a mesh as particle shape (not just billboard quads smile )
- Having the pre programmed effects
For example : vortex. Where the user can set a radius and angular velocity (I think it's hard/impossible to get a nice rotating system by setting xyz initial velocity and acceleration vectors :/)
Or collision surface set at a certain position
- Feature to use atlas textures (and set frame by frame or randomly sub textures)

Feel free to add some requests wink
05-31-2013 12:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dalmat Offline

RE: Particle editor features
I request that your request is taken into consideration! smile
05-31-2013 03:53 PM
candam Offline

I hope that essenthel takes this feature as a priority because it's important But I hope to listen his reply I hope so
05-31-2013 11:08 PM
Shatterstar Offline

particle editor in 1.0 is so much fun. I would get addicted to making new particles. I would just photoshop/gimp my pictures....make a lot of different versions of my images and I would just throw them in there to see what I could create. It was so easy to learn and use. I hope 2.0 gets a particle editor. That is something that is very important to Level designers.
06-01-2013 06:46 PM
TheElk Offline

I to hope this gets added soon.

Please

Thank you
06-01-2013 07:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
candam Offline

By the way the particle editor is found on the roadmap (special effects editor)
but its so far away to be implemented but I guess there is a possibility for essenthel to use the same classes of the particle editor on one smile
06-01-2013 07:13 PM
gdalex Offline

Yes that's exactly the point, suggesting a few new features that Esenthel might add to the current particle obj class smile
What do you think about them, Esenthel ? Would it be "quick" to implement or does it imply a bigger refactoring ?
06-06-2013 09:59 AM