About Store Forum Documentation Contact

I Need a Programmer!!!
Shatterstar Offline

I Need a Programmer!!!
Hello, my name is Joseph B. Jarrell, and I need a programmer. I'm 33 years old and Live in the United States. smile I want to make a Medieval Fantasy game. All house models, castles, etc. are made by me. I make my own characters, and animations. the only free models that I use from the internet are simple props. I am an advanced and skilled modeler, and I am passionate about my work. I need to find a good, and passionate programmer. Is there anybody interested? lol

http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=5938
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=6501
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=6417
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=6378

Skype Name- Anastasious.Shatterstar

Attached File(s) Image(s)

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2013 01:08 AM by Shatterstar.)
06-05-2013 12:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sherincall Offline

RE: I Need a Programmer!!!
Hi, I'm a programmer. A good programmer, but without much Esenthel experience at the moment. I'll give you my credentials afterwards, if you're interested.

I also have a strange proposal for you. I'm assuming you are not offering any money for the job, which is fine. But, I'd much rather work on my own game, so I need an incentive to help you. How's this:
I will write code for you, and you will pay me with your models. Before you freak out completely, we'd do this with some restrictions:
- I'd only have permission to use them in my one Esenthel project, not redistribute/sell them otherwise.
- Since my project is still in early infancy, there is no way it is getting finished in the next 12 months, so we can put a time limit as well. That way, when your game gets released it will have a unique look, and only after that can the same stuff appear in my game.

Now, I have JUST come up with this business model (and it's 3AM here), so it could easily be impossible, but I figured I'd put it out here and you can tell me what you think, and we can discuss it further.

Oh, and a final complication is that I have very little free time in June, so I'd only be able to start coding at the end of the month. After that, it would get much better.

EDIT: My Skype is mtijanic37 - if that form of communication is easier for you. Though I'll be going to bed soon..
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2013 02:14 AM by Sherincall.)
06-05-2013 02:12 AM
Shatterstar Offline

Ok. smile would anybody else want to help him program it?
06-05-2013 07:02 AM
Shatterstar Offline

If you are someone that is interested. Please publicly announce in this thread that you are interested before Private Messaging me. I don't want people to think that everybody hates me. smile
06-05-2013 08:40 PM
Shatterstar Offline

Sherincall and I have decided to work together. It will be a little while before he can get started. I can't wait for him to do some things that I can record and show you. smile

He might be willing to work with another programmer, so contact me if interested.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2013 03:12 AM by Shatterstar.)
06-06-2013 03:10 AM
TheElk Offline

I am happy for you that have found another person for your project. It is all ways good to work as a team. I wish we all could work together and help each other if you ever need help on anything just pm me I and our team will always lend a hand if we can. I make models using the basics I can't afford maya or max but I love the challenge to make models in DeleD and then to animate them in fragmotion then to export them as B3D's.

Any how good luck and my the force be with you.
06-06-2013 03:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shatterstar Offline

thank you friend. smile by the way, your work flow is completely different than mine. I try to do as much as I possibly can in blender. I guess because I've used it for years, and I know It inside and out. Fragmotion sounds a little interested. I might see what that is like.
06-06-2013 04:46 AM
kevindekever Offline

mhh 5 days later and no reply to pm grin
07-31-2013 05:12 AM
Scarlet Thread Offline

That would be because has changed engine he uses for his project.
07-31-2013 07:32 AM
fuzzylr Offline

He recently picked up a second job. He has been working his butt off. He hasn't be around as much. He did change engines.

Fuzzy
Student|Westwood
Project V. Studios | Game Dev
08-02-2013 03:02 AM