About Store Forum Documentation Contact

texture mapping issue
Pherael Offline

texture mapping issue
Hi, I'm programmer and I only know basic graphic stuff so not sure it is related to EE or to Blender. I have model with generated mapping (sphere) texture, but Esenthel Editor don't draw any texture on this object at all (object is white) even if I set new material in editor. Why is this?

Sorry if this is stupid question. (Also in EE 1.0 I could set basic mapping for object, but I don't see this feature in EE 2.0)

[Image: screenpl.png]
06-05-2013 01:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rofar Offline

RE: texture mapping issue
Try dragging material and dropping on your sphere mesh in the editor.
06-05-2013 02:11 PM
Pherael Offline

I know how set material to object smile The problem is that it doesn't working. Material is already linked to object (when I click on object, window with proper material show up), still EE don't draw material on object.

Also, the issue only appear when mapping is generated (or normal or any other), when I made object with UV mapping, everything is ok.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2013 03:17 PM by Pherael.)
06-05-2013 02:54 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Just a wild guess but could it be that the mesh has an inner and outer face and the texture is actually being mapped to the hidden one? I can't tell much about the geometry from that picture. Try disabling back face culling and see if it appears.

Either that or it's possibly lost its UV mapping, I don't know if Esenthel issues a warning under that circumstance!
06-05-2013 05:13 PM
AndrewBGS Offline

Probably lack of UV mapping, that would be my guess also.

Esenthel could indeed use a feature to warn you about that.
06-05-2013 05:25 PM
Pherael Offline

@Pixel Perfect - no (about inner and outer face), the cause of problem is something different. And yes, I think that UV mapping is lost somehow, but problem repeats every time I'm making new object in blender with genereted mapping. I exported object to dea, fbx ond obj, still nothing changed. I just not sure if this is Blender issue, Esenthel issue Maybe EE dosen't support normal or generated mapping or maybe Blender export object incorrectly. Or maybe I just do something wrong.
06-05-2013 05:37 PM
Seba Offline

What do you mean generated mapping? To set up material you need UV map. So unwrap and then export. Old topic: http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...ght=sphere
06-05-2013 06:43 PM
Pherael Offline

@Seba - Oh I see. I was thinking that maybe there is other way since it's hard to make good looking UV map for sphere.
06-05-2013 07:34 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

On the bottom of the screen you can see "Vertex Data: Position, Normal" but no tex coodrinates.
06-05-2013 08:54 PM
Rubeus Offline

I downloaded a simple pre-made sphere that has a couple textures that import with it. But it's either pitch black or glowing white like Pherael's image, and it has the '"Vertex Data: Position, Normal" but no tex coodrinates' at the bottom.
I'm a little bit of a dummy when it comes to the art stuff; does this mean it's something that has to be fixed in a model editor? I was just using the mesh for a placeholder, so it doesn't matter much at this point, but it would be nice to know.
06-06-2013 03:16 PM