About Store Forum Documentation Contact

2.0 interface design
Rubeus Offline

RE: 2.0 interface design
You seem really into this... so let me offer a solution that might help... Take your monitor, flip it upside down, and VIOLA! Your menu is back on top!

Really, though... this is kinduva silly topic. I can't even make a serious reply to that.
06-17-2013 08:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

If I were to side with either argument here it would have to be with phleshdef's.

Remembering the days before Windows and GUI interfaces and the horrendous application command key combinations which differed for every application GUI's provided a uniformity of interface which was undoubtedly, along with the hardware abstraction offered, what brought about the success of Windows, in the Business/Corporate sector as well as home use, and the many applications that ran on it.

One of the definitions of intuitive is instinctive and instinctive is born out of familiararity (being so familiar with something that you rarely need to think about it).

Whilst I agree with Rubeus that I don't think the interface is a big issue in version 2.0 ... when faced with an interface for the first time that requires a right click over a certain area of the screen to reveal the 'business' end of the editor I would hardly call that instinctive or intuitive. But that said, once you are aware of that it's plain sailing from there and I have no further issue with it.

Grzegorz has done an incredible job with this engine and I honestly feel that all that is missing is a basic introduction to the Editor interface for newcomers.
06-17-2013 11:24 AM
Shatterstar Offline

In my original post I said it would hurt the sales of doing it an unorthodox way. I still believe this. It's just an opinion. I'm never going to know the sales of 1.0 versus 2.0. But I still believe that I am right. smile

Other people's opinions should not be called silly. You seem like an okay guy Rubeus, but topics that any of us bring up should not be called silly. How would you feel if you started a topic and then someone called it silly? This topic got viewed 228 times in 3 days, 9 different people had something to say about it. If it was silly nobody would have had anything to say about it, and it wouldn't have received a view count of 228 in 3 days.
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2013 04:59 PM by Shatterstar.)
06-17-2013 04:58 PM
phleshdef Offline

(06-17-2013 08:13 AM)Rubeus Wrote:  You seem really into this... so let me offer a solution that might help... Take your monitor, flip it upside down, and VIOLA! Your menu is back on top!

Really, though... this is kinduva silly topic. I can't even make a serious reply to that.

You were obviously really into it before my last response... but its all good.
06-17-2013 05:12 PM