About Store Forum Documentation Contact

brand new Inesis install (all default) error
jagatai Offline

brand new Inesis install (all default) error
I simply downloaded Ineisis 2.0 from store, placed the folder in the projects and built it, however i keep getting this error:

[Image: ineisis_error.png]

i just got this today, no new objects, havent made any code changes, brand new install.

-J
06-26-2013 02:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ozmodian Offline

RE: brand new Inesis install (all default) error
I got that error with my old version of Ineisis because Esenthel recently updated the Client.Area file. To be honest, I don't think you loaded the right project. The store version of Ineisis works fine for me.
06-26-2013 03:55 PM
jagatai Offline

(06-26-2013 03:55 PM)Ozmodian Wrote:  I got that error with my old version of Ineisis because Esenthel recently updated the Client.Area file. To be honest, I don't think you loaded the right project. The store version of Ineisis works fine for me.

Thanks for the reply Oz, unfortunately im still getting the same error after making sure i got the current version from store.

Ill try to remove all projects and or perhaps re-install EE2.0 and see what happens. (not that i should need to do this :( )

(06-26-2013 04:21 PM)jagatai Wrote:  [quote='Ozmodian' pid='40983' dateline='1372258522']
(...) because Esenthel recently updated the Client.Area file.(...)

Is this documented anywhere? i am downloading the version straight out of the store, if its documented i can add the changes my self if i can see what was changed?

-J
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2013 04:30 PM by jagatai.)
06-26-2013 04:21 PM
Ozmodian Offline

Hi Jagatai,

I can try re-downloading the source when i get home but I would be very surprised if it were an issue with the source.

Can you make sure that you extract the source to a clean folder and point your project folder in 2.0 to that new folder. That error you are getting is exactly the same one I got a few weeks back when Ineisis was first updated.

And no, Source updates are not documented.
06-26-2013 06:48 PM
jagatai Offline

Geez, i wish i could just chalk it up to being old and senile but unfortunately after installing EE 2.0 in a whole new directory, redownloading Ineisis 2.0 and installing it in said new directory, i still get the same error.

Is there a hidden directory/path that EE2.0 uses/stores temp stuff that i perhaps need to clear/clean out?

not sure what im missing here.

-J
06-26-2013 08:32 PM
jagatai Offline

So im not sure if the following is by design or just my bad version of Ineisis, however all objects placed are set to hard angles i.e. 0, 90, 180 and 270 regardless how i place an object its always placed down closest to the above.

anyone else have this same issue?

-J
06-26-2013 11:52 PM
Ozmodian Offline

It is in the code that way. This is because there is only a Byte used to express the angle. It is not that difficult to change that though.

Also, does this mean you were able to get it to work!!??
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2013 01:11 AM by Ozmodian.)
06-27-2013 01:10 AM
jagatai Offline

(06-27-2013 01:10 AM)Ozmodian Wrote:  It is in the code that way. This is because there is only a Byte used to express the angle. It is not that difficult to change that though.

Also, does this mean you were able to get it to work!!??

Hey Oz, yeah i had to actually rename the entire project including all references incode from Ineisis to MyProj and the error went away. LOL dont ask me, however that was the only change done and now it works.

in retro i feel the real fix was inside the Area class on the client specifically the section where there are some hard coded path names that have \Ineisis on it.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2013 01:45 AM by jagatai.)
06-27-2013 01:44 AM