About Store Forum Documentation Contact

server connection problem
kreathyon Offline

server connection problem
Hi,

I have a problem for some days to link the customer to the waiter, when I enter Ip address I have the message "server connextion timeout" every time.

I am use esenthel 1.0

Anybody can help me?

Thank.
07-03-2013 04:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xzessmedia Offline

RE: server connection problem
well connection timeout means that it was not possible to establish a connection so there are many possible reasons..
did you ever establish a connection in esenthel?
did you check the client server tutorial?

i know esenthel networking works, i checked it many times and currently im working on networking for my game also, the only prob i have is something like jittering in the movement and sync, but theres currently a thread about that topic.

- firewall ports locked, check which port you are using...maybe you have to unlock 65534 or 65535
- wrong port for connection or wrong ip (you should check if you try to establish a connection over internet, you have to use the global ip not the local one)

some code would be helpful, on the otherhand i recommend to buy esenthel mmo, ineisis and multiplayer racing where everything is clearly pointed out.
the buyed source code boosted my understanding in esenthel to port and finish my games
another great constribution is the "serversided AI example" by joker from the board..
07-03-2013 06:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply