About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Linux Support possibility in the future
candam Offline

Linux Support possibility in the future
Hello Greg will the be a Linux Support possibility in the future ? I hope so and thanks for answering me in advance
07-15-2013 11:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rubeus Offline

RE: Linux Support possibility in the future
I'm going to say probably not. Keep in mind, writing a program for Linux is not very practical-the market penetration is very low for end-users, and the users that you COULD market to are as like(or more) to pirate it as buy.
07-18-2013 02:02 PM
Scarlet Thread Offline

(07-18-2013 02:02 PM)Rubeus Wrote:  I'm going to say probably not. Keep in mind, writing a program for Linux is not very practical-the market penetration is very low for end-users, and the users that you COULD market to are as like(or more) to pirate it as buy.

Currently this is true and about 6 months ago I would have said don't ever bother. But with Valve now supporting Linux with steam and all their games there is the possibility that things might change in the future. It's a wait and see I think.
07-19-2013 12:09 AM
Rubeus Offline

(07-19-2013 12:09 AM)Scarlet Thread Wrote:  But with Valve now supporting Linux with steam and all their games

I was unaware of this. This does present a game changer... potentially. There's still not much in the way of market penetration for Linux gamers, but this could be a turn-around.
But you are correct... It's a wait-and-see situation for a while I think.
07-19-2013 01:33 PM
fuzzylr Offline

This has been discussed many times. The last time he responded to this he was not interested in adding Linux support. Even though it's been brought up many times.

Fuzzy
Student|Westwood
Project V. Studios | Game Dev
08-02-2013 03:04 AM