About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Model Axis Scaling
AndrewBGS Offline

Model Axis Scaling
I am amazed this feature doesn't exist. If I'm just blind, let me know.
But it seemed to me in the model editor I CAN NOT scale an object on just one axis.
(Yes, I can do this in the world, but I often want to alter the default appearance of an object - helps when creating it in the game dynamically, without making me to that manually)

I'm sure it's not a hard feature to add.
08-25-2013 12:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

RE: Model Axis Scaling
If it's a scale operation to the default object then most people I'd have thought would do this externally before importing into the application. I know you have Fragmotion Andrew so you could do that by selecting all the vertices and using the transform tool to scale the axis you require.
08-25-2013 01:59 PM
Rubeus Offline

Esenthel seems to be focusing on engine features rather than tools that already exist. Sure, it's not as convenient, but why reinvent the wheel?
08-25-2013 03:53 PM
AndrewBGS Offline

It would save me a lot of trouble, and as I said, I think it wouldn't be any effort to do this; it's not reinventing the wheel, the Engine has this functionality. I'd just like this in the model editor also, not just the world editor. Yes, it's not important and I can live without it. But if it's easy to achieve, I'd like to get this functionality included.
Thanks for the hints on fragmotion. I am rather clumsy with it as a beginner.
08-25-2013 04:42 PM