About Store Forum Documentation Contact

RPG Test
ronghester Offline

RPG Test
I have been playing with esenthel since last couple of weeks, and I found this engine very easy to use in some part and very difficult to deal with in some part of the game development.

I am still using Esenthel 1.0 switching over to 2.0 is work in progress.

I was able to create this [look for video below] in a very short period of time using this engine. Which to me is a very good achievement.

The video features Environment (I had to load the setting using code), NPC System (they walk and respond to attack), Player with Horse Ridding, Destructible Objects which player can destroy at will, Cloth and Player Interaction. Player also has CrossBoo but while recording the video my FPS went down to like 25 and I was unable to throw the arrows, this might be due to the recursive collision detection code I run to check if the arrow collides with the NPCs etc.. but I will look into that.

I will upload that build somewhere so you can also enjoy, my little RPG.

Please let me know, if you like it.
08-11-2013 09:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

RE: RPG Test
Nice work ronghester, that's very impressive for a few weeks work. Look forward to seeing more as you develop the game.
08-11-2013 11:55 AM
Rubeus Offline

Nice job! This is a neat addition to the showcase forum. It won't take much more to turn that into a playable game.

And FYI, for your crossbow bolts, you can use the physics system to do the collision detection. It will be a lot faster than what most of us can code.
08-11-2013 07:49 PM
Shatterstar Offline

really good job. keep it up!
08-12-2013 01:12 AM
SamNainocard Offline

Nice work, especially for a few weeks. Looking forward what features you're planning next.
08-12-2013 08:00 AM
ronghester Offline

Thanks all.

@Rubeus I am actually using physics to shoot the arrows and detect the collision I found that really easy to do. we don't have to do any manual trajectory and run loops to detect damage. That's a really part of this engine.

I would work next on the animation blending and more actions for NPCs.

There is actually a bug right now related to horse ridding, after picking up the weapon and attacking NPCs the program crashes when I start horse ridding. It works other wise,

I will fix that one and publish the demo here.
08-12-2013 05:59 PM
gdalex Offline

Nice work smile
It seems that you learn quite fast, I guess your bugs won't stay long wink
08-12-2013 06:01 PM
fuzzylr Offline

That's pretty cool.

Fuzzy