About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Bones are not aligned using b3d
TheElk Offline

RE: Bones are not aligned using b3d
Very sad that Gregory is not responding to this post, I have try'ed another 3d modeling program and the same results with the bones for B3D. There has to be something wrong on the import side.

@Rubeus it seams kind of strange that it is the other programs causing this I remember way back I had no problems importing B3D on ver. 1 of Esenthel but I did not by that engine I bought 4 license of ver. 2 and now I'm having a bad feeling about it.
09-20-2013 11:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gdalex Offline

Don't you have the possibility to export in fbx file format from your 3d app?
09-20-2013 12:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheElk Offline

(09-20-2013 12:37 PM)gdalex Wrote:  Don't you have the possibility to export in fbx file format from your 3d app?

@gdalex Why yes I do and the bones go the other way. And still messed up.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2013 01:04 PM by TheElk.)
09-20-2013 01:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gdalex Offline

It seems that only Blender sets up correctly the bones as Esenthels displays it :/
09-20-2013 02:20 PM
gwald Offline

The elk doesn't use blender wink
if v1 coverts them fine the use the converted file and import it into v2.
Might even be scriptable?

Im surprised this didn't work?
4. import new B3D back into UU3D, export as new FBX file
5. import new FBX file into EE, bones show correct orientation and scale

hope ur project is coming along.
09-20-2013 03:30 PM
TheElk Offline

Esenthel is there any way you can get this to work with fragmotion. The main reason we went with this engine and not the big boys engine is because you supported B3D and they did not. If I wanted to use max or maya I would have spent my money on them so please can you help us out.

I think it is great that you are supporting B3D, Because most indie's can't afford max and maya.

thank you
TheElk
09-25-2013 09:29 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

(09-25-2013 09:29 AM)TheElk Wrote:  Esenthel is there any way you can get this to work with fragmotion. The main reason we went with this engine and not the big boys engine is because you supported B3D and they did not. If I wanted to use max or maya I would have spent my money on them so please can you help us out.

I think it is great that you are supporting B3D, Because most indie's can't afford max and maya.

thank you
TheElk
Hi, you can see in this post http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...6#pid42626 that I took the time to manually test your file, provide you with a hierarchy of its nodes, together with their matrices, confirming that all nodes have no rotation.

Sincerely,
Developer of little boys engine
09-25-2013 09:51 AM
TheElk Offline

Esenthel for one I was not degrading this engine I like the engine and what it can do. All I was trying to say is that if I wanted to go with UNITY which is considered the Big Boys Engine and you need all of the tools to use that engine then I would have gone with that engine.

Please I do not mean any disrespect to you or this engine that you have created just would like some help making Fragmotion work with this engine.

that post did not help me at all again sorry for trying to say this is the Little boys Engine.

Thank you
TheElk
09-25-2013 10:03 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Quote:Please I do not mean any disrespect to you or this engine that you have created just would like some help making Fragmotion work with this engine.
I think the issue here is that if Fragmotion genuinely doesn't export the bone rotation data when exporting b3d files then there is absolutely nothing Greg can do to fix that when its imported. You simply can't invent data that isn't there!

The only thing that throws some doubt on that was Para's experience where UU3D was able to construct the correct orientation from an imported Fragmotion b3d file resulting in a subsequently exported fbx file displaying correctly in the engine. Now unless UU3D is able to reconstruct the bone orientation data somehow and then export that to the fbx format it would infer that the data does exist somewhere in the b3d file.

I'll attempt to run some tests myself tonight as I too have both Fragmotion and UU3D Pro.
09-25-2013 05:16 PM
TheElk Offline

@Pixel Perfect thank you I try'ed to do that and the bones went the other way maybe I have the wrong plugin of fbx in UU3D Pro.

If you can get it to work that be great.

Thank you again
09-25-2013 06:09 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Well I've been playing with the Snowman animated character that comes with Fragmotion tonight. If you export the animated Snowman as it stands using the b3d format and import it either into Esenthel or UU3D then both indicate no rotation of the bones at all giving the vertical orientation, which was exactly what Greg reported earlier in this thread. Looking at each bone in Fragmotion it also indicates all rotational angles of the bones are set to zero.

Now if I rotate a bone in fragmotion and then export to b3d and import into Esenthel or UU3D then the rotation is present showing that Fragmotion is providing the bone orientation data when exporting to b3d.

Now I'm not an artist and I don't have much knowledge about such things but I'm guessing you just need to ensure you are setting the bone orientations in Fragmotion before exporting.
09-25-2013 10:19 PM
docrst Offline

My question would be what program is every one using to create and import there custom 3d characters with and why is is so hard for them to explain the what to use and how, the easier you make it for developers the more developers will want to use Esenthel and the more money he can make. I have used Unreal 3, Unity, and Hero and it wasn't as hard for me to import but I don't want to use any of them I want Esenthel.
So the more help the more Esenthel is used.
09-26-2013 03:28 AM
Rofar Offline

I use Fragmotion but export to ms3d and import that to EE.
09-26-2013 03:31 AM
docrst Offline

awesome Rofar, your answers have allays helped me, you are one of the most helpful around other than the creator.

Thank you.
09-26-2013 03:33 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

(09-26-2013 03:28 AM)docrst Wrote:  My question would be what program is every one using to create and import there custom 3d characters with and why is is so hard for them to explain the what to use and how, the easier you make it for developers the more developers will want to use Esenthel and the more money he can make. I have used Unreal 3, Unity, and Hero and it wasn't as hard for me to import but I don't want to use any of them I want Esenthel.
So the more help the more Esenthel is used.

To be honest Esenthel is one of the most robust engines I have ever used regarding support for model formats. I have not found a single supported model format yet that I've tried that didn't import correctly by just dragging and dropping it into the version 2 editor. Any issues I have had have always been present in the original file.

I'd say this is a very strong feature of the engine and I'd hate people to get the wrong idea about Esenthel's capabilities.

I personally am not using Esenthel's inherent skeleton and animations so I can't comment on the ease of adapting that to your own models but plenty of people seem to be using this and I have seen several threads offering advice.
09-26-2013 08:42 AM