About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Bones are not aligned using b3d
TheElk Offline

RE: Bones are not aligned using b3d
(09-26-2013 03:31 AM)Rofar Wrote:  I use Fragmotion but export to ms3d and import that to EE.

Thank you Rofar going to give this a try..
09-26-2013 09:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
para Offline

In my opinion, EE features, flexibility and performance make it a big boys engine, while it's ease of use and affordability make it also a little boys engine. I believe EE model format support is on par with the big boys, for v1 tools and editor I'd even say superior..

That isn't to say I didn't have any issues importing assets into EE, but like Pixel Perfect said, most of the problems can be found in the original file. I didn't have any real trouble importing my own animations as I was able to quickly trial and error my animations export from blender to fbx so it imported correctly in EE. Same with 3dsmax. But I mostly use 3rd party animated models which come with a lot of badly exported files. The first thing I attempt then is to load the model in UU3D then export to B3D, X, FBX,... most of the time this auto-magicaly fixes the issues. If not, I try Fragmotion to X or MS3D conversion, failing that, then I try to manually identify and fix the issues which can be quite time consuming because I'm not an expert on model formats or the technical details of animations in 3D modeling apps. So it's mostly a trial & error affair, and comparisons against a file that works.

@TheElk, if you're still unsuccessful, send me the fragmotion file and I'll take a look.
09-26-2013 12:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding something here (which is quite possible as I'm not a modeller) the key thing to ascertain here is: does your model have the bone orientations set in Fragmotion ... can you clearly see that? If they are not shown in Fragmotion it's irrelevant what export file type you use!

Set animation off (T Pose stance) and select the skeleton tab. Select each bone by name and double click on it to bring up the bone dialog box. Is there any rotation set for the bones or are they all set to zero?

My tests showed where these were present in Fragmotion they were exported successfully to b3d and did import correctly in EE and the correct bone orientation is displayed.
09-26-2013 12:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheElk Offline

@para
@Pixel Perfect

Thank you both for responding to the post will try to figure out why the bones all stand up in the Y position and not flow through like they should.

But to let everyone know the models animations all work fine, I just don't like how they look in the Editor.

Thank you all
TheElk
09-26-2013 12:57 PM
TheElk Offline

I would just like to say I figured it out and thank you all for trying to help.

If anyone would like to no how to have the bones show in the right direction using fragmotion let me no and I will do a video.

[Image: test_toon.png]

Thank you
TheElk
10-11-2013 09:06 AM
TheElk Offline

@aceio76 hope it's ok

B3d Boning with fragmotion

Please let me no if I did ok.

Thank you

TheElk
10-11-2013 09:09 PM
gwald Offline

Bone orientation! Glad you got it!

Off topic, how far away is your game?
Waiting to buy it... support you and your show wink
10-11-2013 11:32 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

I can only guess that you didn't understood at the time what I was telling you as I gave you the answer in my previous post, but glad you finally got it figured out smile
10-12-2013 12:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheElk Offline

(10-11-2013 11:32 PM)gwald Wrote:  Bone orientation! Glad you got it!

Off topic, how far away is your game?
Waiting to buy it... support you and your show wink

well we updated the showcase thread and it will be awhile before it is ready but you can all ways support us by buy donations they are always nice.

http://www.mysteriousstudios.net/

Thank you

(10-12-2013 12:02 AM)Pixel Perfect Wrote:  I can only guess that you didn't understood at the time what I was telling you as I gave you the answer in my previous post, but glad you finally got it figured out smile

and yes it did help me and thank you Pixel that is why I made the video so others will be able to understand it better.wink

Thank you again
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2015 07:24 PM by TheElk.)
10-12-2013 08:26 PM