About Store Forum Documentation Contact

the annoying can't load ressource "..." error
xzessmedia Offline

the annoying can't load ressource "..." error
hello there,
it is very annoying, we work on our large world in collaborative mode for weeks now. in this time very often some errors or bugs appeared, stripes in terrain and actually the known error "can't load Image "!re3km43k23m4324#" for example.
my solution was to find the file in the explorer and open it to check out which asset is affected. im sorry but this is not an acceptable way for us.

esenthel should always check the assets folder if it forces the user to leave the control to esenthel!
There should be a secure mechanism to protect the assets folder by backing up and notify immediately if something went wrong! And of course it should tell which file is affected and not which codedfilename/UID

its pity that the current progress of esenthel got so slow and the active community shrinks. hopefully this changes soon.

thanks and good wishes to you
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013 03:53 PM by xzessmedia.)
09-11-2013 03:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
docrst Offline

RE: the annoying can't load ressource "..." error
my team found a way around it by using SVN so no one works live for now.

I take it back, now when I publish i get an error, just build and no errors.
Cant load "03b7qa5^5xy45a87_8d1u14n"
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013 08:40 PM by docrst.)
09-11-2013 07:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xzessmedia Offline

collab editing was one point for esenthel when we decided to use esenthel as the engine.
i feel comfortable here, hopefully it will get fixed soon and progress with esenthel will continue as fast as in the past!
09-11-2013 08:39 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Quote:in this time very often some errors or bugs appeared, stripes in terrain
At the moment you shouldn't edit the same terrain height map (I mean the same area at certain coordinages) by multiple users, as discontinuities may occur.

Quote:actually the known error "can't load Image "!re3km43k23m4324#" for example
Did you run this in debug mode to see the callstack and check what was referencing the image?
Project elements will have a red exclamation next to their icon if they're referencing removed elements.
Additionally I will add functionality for next release to display red exclamations on top of world areas if they use removed materials/objects.

Quote:There should be a secure mechanism to protect the assets folder by backing up and notify immediately if something went wrong!
Yes there is, removed elements are not really removed until you erase them.
Also please see the information about exclamation marks that I've posted above.
09-12-2013 10:47 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

(09-12-2013 10:47 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  ... I will add functionality for next release to display red exclamations on top of world areas if they use removed materials/objects.

That will be most welcome, thanks!
09-12-2013 11:54 AM
xzessmedia Offline

(09-12-2013 10:47 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  Additionally I will add functionality for next release to display red exclamations on top of world areas if they use removed materials/objects.

thanks greg this sounds good!
09-12-2013 03:00 PM
docrst Offline

I don,t have any red anywhere.

When I run in DEBUG mode it works, when I do a Build and Run it works, Only when I Publish it gives me an error.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013 05:55 PM by docrst.)
09-12-2013 05:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fex Offline
Gold Supporter

Ya I'm getting this bug, it seems like publishing is not including minimap tile images.
08-01-2014 10:59 PM
Fex Offline
Gold Supporter

Actually it was the image mask of the minimap drawing that was causing my problem, it was interesting because the mask wasn't added to the project, but it had a valid UID that pointed to the file which did exist in the project directory, so it was loading for debug/release, but not being put the the project.pak file on publishing.
08-01-2014 11:32 PM
Rubeus Offline

(08-01-2014 11:32 PM)Fex Wrote:  Actually it was the image mask of the minimap drawing that was causing my problem, it was interesting because the mask wasn't added to the project, but it had a valid UID that pointed to the file which did exist in the project directory, so it was loading for debug/release, but not being put the the project.pak file on publishing.

That's interesting. Is there a possibility this was because you deleted the file in EE, but did not remove deleted elements? I don't know that his would cause that behavior, but it seems a likely cause.
08-02-2014 01:11 AM