About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Esenthel 2.0 Editor Programmable Interface
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Esenthel 2.0 Editor Programmable Interface
I've added a new element to the Esenthel Store contributions section, I think many people wanted to have this, as it allows programmatic setting of many options (like setting terrain and placing objects)
Please read more details about it in the Store - http://www.esenthel.com/?id=store
09-17-2013 09:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gdalex Offline

RE: New Store Contributions Item - Esenthel 2.0 Editor Programmable Interface
This is an interesting feature.

Don't you think it would be nice to refresh the Contribution list ?
You could set at the top the already funded feature, and perhaps remove some of the currently non-funded ones.
For I am waiting the "drag and drop materials / multi materials for an instantiated object in the world" feature eagerly... smile
I have a LOT of 3D assets and I don't want to import all of them and duplicate the objects because they have several materials.
I think a have ~600 3D objects, and at least 2 or 3 texture per item. If I have to duplicate the objects, that leads to a huge asset library... :/
09-20-2013 10:06 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Esenthel 2.0 Editor Programmable Interface
Since this feature will greatly improve flexibility of the Engine/Editor, I've decided to make it ASAP, and it is now available.

Hopefully this will ease the transition of some 1.0 users to 2.0.
Also with it you can create addons to the Editor, which run as separate apps and send commands to the Editor.
There's already a bunch of functions available, I will be adding more over time.

So please - play around with what I've added, and please let me know what more functions would you like to have in the network interface, I'll try to add those that will be requested by most of the users.

Check the new tutorials as they show how to use it.

Would love to see random terrain generator addons created by the users, as it's now possible - completely dynamically, real-time, automatically server-synchronised, and very simple to do, with just a couple of function calls.

Please let me know your opinions.
10-06-2013 09:44 AM
candam Offline

Thank you Such a great feature you implemented it real quick smile
Keep it up

this feature will open a whole lot of possbilities and a lot of addons thank you
10-06-2013 10:47 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Thanks! smile
10-06-2013 10:52 AM
Rofar Offline

I was planning to make a contribution to this (possibly later today). Guess that won't be necessary now.
10-06-2013 12:01 PM
candam Offline

(10-06-2013 12:01 PM)Rofar Wrote:  I was planning to make a contribution to this (possibly later today). Guess that won't be necessary now.

Actually you could support if you just want contribution is about support that's all smile
10-06-2013 12:20 PM
Rofar Offline

Absolutely smile
10-06-2013 02:25 PM
para Offline

(10-06-2013 09:44 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  Since this feature will greatly improve flexibility of the Engine/Editor, I've decided to make it ASAP, and it is now available.

Hopefully this will ease the transition of some 1.0 users to 2.0.
Also with it you can create addons to the Editor, which run as separate apps and send commands to the Editor.
There's already a bunch of functions available, I will be adding more over time.

So please - play around with what I've added, and please let me know what more functions would you like to have in the network interface, I'll try to add those that will be requested by most of the users.

Check the new tutorials as they show how to use it.

Would love to see random terrain generator addons created by the users, as it's now possible - completely dynamically, real-time, automatically server-synchronised, and very simple to do, with just a couple of function calls.

Please let me know your opinions.

This sounds awesome, many thanks! .. As soon as the update comes through I'll start playing with it.
10-06-2013 02:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

That does sound great, many thanks from me too! Look forward to trying the examples.
10-06-2013 02:50 PM
Shatterstar Offline

Interesting
10-06-2013 04:11 PM
Kevin Offline

Thanks for this great feature, look really nice smile
Any plans on adding this also to 1.0? wink
10-06-2013 04:54 PM
para Offline

Most excellent! The feature already proved helpful to me in more then one way.. made some stuff already:

- project folder explorer with human readable file names, and a backup/restore function. (there's a warning not to write to those files under any circumstance, which worries me a bit, but so far, nothing has exploded yet)

- camera bookmarks! Since I'm editing a large world this will come very handy to jump from different points of interests quickly. I'd like to extend this to waypoints, etc., maybe make a find-and-goto function.. Is there an elegant way to get waypoints and area data without opening the world in the client app?

- ported some old terrain generation code to fill rectangular areas I specify with procedural terrain in an existing world, saves me from exporting and importing height maps and fiddling with numbers. (always had trouble getting those right smile

I have many things to request, but for start I'd definitely like to have
Code:
UID   curElement (); // get ID of currently opened element, 'UIDZero' is returned if no element is opened
so I can more intelligently use worldCamSet()
10-06-2013 11:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Quote:I'd like to extend this to waypoints
You can do "World/Waypoints/List" and then double click a waypoint from the list, you will get teleported to it

Quote:UID curElement (); // get ID of currently opened element, 'UIDZero' is returned if no element is opened
no problem, I'll add ability to get currently opened worlds
10-06-2013 11:55 PM
Zervox Offline

1.0 already has similar functionality Kevin if you owned a company license(a bit more flexible than the 2.0 approach though)

Greg could possibly add a combobox gui window in which loads its structure from an xml nodes in which we could add predefined paths to the addons so that we don't have to browse to each separate addon .exe everytime someone need it and launch the .exe's from within the editor.

by the way the app network interface needs addition of being able to merge terrain edges or in this case adjust height of the edges manually else a user of a heightmap generator will have to manually brush each area to make them connect and not only by a height image(if this is there and I missed it I will blame it because I didn't have time to read through all the functions.)
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013 12:40 AM by Zervox.)
10-07-2013 12:26 AM