About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Unlock access to game object source when license checked
gdalex Offline

Unlock access to game object source when license checked
Hello,

Would it be possible to allow the user to access the source code (header and source with full read/write access) when the editor license check is successful ?

When we buy an editor license, we get the game object source code in C++ format. But if we want to modify a few things (for example some animation parameters for the Chr class), it becomes quite long :
- the c++ Chr class must be converted to esenthel script
- as the class already exist in the editor source, it must be renamed
- then performed the expected modification.

It would be so much easier for us to duplicate the class within the editor to perform a few tests, or copy a few lines of code.
09-26-2013 10:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
neo22 Offline

RE: Unlock access to game object source when license checked
Hi,

The best way to do that must be to inherit the Game::Chr class and then overload the virtual methods you need with your custom params and such.

since you have the internal code of the method you overloading, you dont have to rewrite the all thing (exept special behaviors), you just have to call the base method plus your extra code.
Code:
void CustomChr::animate(){
   __super::animate();
   /*my animation code*/
}
09-26-2013 03:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gdalex Offline

Hi Neo,

I agree your solution might work, yet I think it is not the most efficient one...
We could easily imagine that there are some function calls in the parent that would better have been called after my extra code :/
Or some network function that send data before I could concatenate my own ... So it would be necessary to send a secund packet.

The thing is that we have access to the game object source code ... But not in the editor/in the right language... It is a bit sad smile
09-26-2013 04:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
neo22 Offline

Yes, that is the
(09-26-2013 03:35 PM)neo22 Wrote:  (exept special behaviors)
part smile.

In you case you can also create a virtual method, let say buildMyPacked(File &f) or even sendMyPacked()that do manage the data/network part and then override this method instead.

Just an other idea.
09-26-2013 05:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply