About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Hope this is not dumb question
Pherael Offline

Hope this is not dumb question
In my game I have team, where you can choose members from larger group. I change container for Hero class from ObjMemx to normal Memx and manage them manually (calling update() and draw() functions).

After that change (I don't do other changes with code) strange things started to happen. Heroes actor stop detecting collision between others actors (only detect terrains and not always) and sometimes unknown force acts on actor so they start move in random directions or they just collapse under ground.

I back to ObjMemx and everything back to normal. But my question is, what I need to do, to have some class managed by world. update() and some managed manually working together? Is it even possible? Maybe I just miss something.

//Sorry for my english
09-27-2013 08:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
neo22 Offline

RE: Hope this is not dumb question
Hi Pherael,

When you're using a Memx<Chr>, do you update the world ou the Chr list first?
09-30-2013 12:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pherael Offline

RE: Hope this is not dumb question
I just found it was my fault, I made mistake in one point of code. Now it seems obvious to me, but I wrongly assumed working one of ctrl.actor parameters.

I'm ashamed because I always check descriptions in headers, but maybe I just mistake it with other engine I used in past.

Sorry to have bothered everyone.
09-30-2013 01:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply