About Store Forum Documentation Contact

xcode 5
yvanvds Offline

xcode 5
Hello again!

I just noticed that when you do the auto update for xcode it gets updated to xcode 5. Accidently, this new version of xcode does not support gcc anymore.

And since EE 2.0 only compiles with GCC, not with the apple compiler, my only option was to downgrade xcode to 4.6 again.

While nothing but a minor annoyance today, this might become a problem in the feature.

Regards,

yvan
09-28-2013 08:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cmontiel Offline

RE: xcode 5
Hello yvanvds,

I've already posted this for EE 1.0 too:

http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...088&page=2

Quote:While nothing but a minor annoyance today, this might become a problem in the feature.

To me, It's a big problem now.
09-28-2013 09:13 PM
yvanvds Offline

On a related note, i just got my first feedback from apple after submitting my app to the store:

Quote:Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "LineWalk 1". To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

iPhone 5 Optimization Requirement - Your binary is not optimized for iPhone 5. New iPhone apps and app updates submitted targeting iOS 6 and above must support the 4-inch display on iPhone 5 and must include a launch image with the -568h size modifier immediately following the <basename> portion of the launch image's filename. Launch images must be PNG files and located at the top-level of your bundle, or provided within each .lproj folder if you localize your launch images. Learn more about iPhone 5 support and app launch images by reviewing the iOS Human Interface Guidelines and iOS App Programming Guide.

I guess i could provide the launch image, although the editor does this for the other formats. Optimizing the binary though, i guess that should happen from within esenthel editor.

Quote:Though you are not required to fix the following issues, we wanted to make you aware of them:

Missing recommended icon file - The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPhone / iPod Touch of exactly '120x120' pixels, in .png format.

Missing recommended icon file - The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '76x76' pixels, in .png format.

Missing recommended icon file - The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '152x152' pixels, in .png format.

I think these should best be generated by the editor also, since it also creates other formats. For now, i can of course add them myself.

regards,

yvan

PS. Another no-go was the fact that i mentioned the word google in my app description... Are they paranoid or what?

@cmontiel: I got around that by removing xcode5 from my system and looking for 4.6 on the developers website. It's there, but not easy to find. It might be that the problem 'not optimized for iphone 5' can be solved without xcode 5 though.
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013 10:32 AM by yvanvds.)
09-29-2013 10:26 AM
cmontiel Offline

Quote:@cmontiel: I got around that by removing xcode5 from my system and looking for 4.6 on the developers website. It's there, but not easy to find. It might be that the problem 'not optimized for iphone 5' can be solved without xcode 5 though.

Yes, that's why it's a bad idea downgrade xcode. Furthermore iOS 7 already has been released.
09-29-2013 11:57 AM
ksubox Offline

+1.

Please fix engine to support XCode5 for EE1.0 & 2.0.

For a while I managed to compile with following changes:
1. Changed "CACHE.replaceClass<DERIVED>" to "CACHE.template replaceClass<DERIVED>" in Templates.h

2. Added flag -Wno-address-of-temporary to "Other Warning Flags" option in XCode project.

Let's see how everything will work...
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2013 01:55 AM by ksubox.)
10-03-2013 01:42 AM
yvanvds Offline

Thanks ksubox!

That really helped. Too bad I have to do this over and over again to get something compiled.

cheers!

yvan
10-06-2013 01:46 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Thanks ksubox, I'm working on this right now smile
10-12-2013 07:09 AM