Code:
class ChrPos
{
   SockAddr addr;
   Vec      pos;
   flt      angle, stop_move, walk_run;
   int      health, healthMax, chrLevel;
   flt      experiences, experiencesMax/*, critical_hit_chance*/;
//if i add a new integer or new flt in here the game will stop responding when loading the world...
   void save(File &f, bool include_addr)
   {
      f.putByte(CS_CHR_POS);
      if(include_addr)addr.save(f);
      f.cmpFlt3cm(pos.x).cmpFlt3cm(pos.y).cmpFlt3cm(pos.z).cmpAngle1(angle).cmpSa​tFlt1(stop_move).cmpSatFlt1(walk_run).cmpIntV(health).
cmpIntV(healthMax).cmpIntV(chrLevel).cmpFlt3cm(experiences).cmpFlt3cm(experience​sMax)/*.cmpFlt3cm(critical_hit_chance)*/;

}
   void load(File &f, bool include_addr)
   {
      if(include_addr)addr.load(f);
      f.decFlt3cm(pos.x).decFlt3cm(pos.y).decFlt3cm(pos.z).decAngle1(angle).decSa​tFlt1(stop_move).decSatFlt1(walk_run).decIntV(health).
decIntV(healthMax).decIntV(chrLevel).decFlt3cm(experiences).decFlt3cm(experience​sMax)/*.decFlt3cm(critical_hit_chance)*/;
   }
}

hi i found one problem in our program and can t seem to figure it out..
every time i put another integer or flt even though i don t assign any number to it the game stops resonding. as you can see i tryed to use critical_hit_chance and clinet stops responding after loading screen. don t know why. this is mmo downloaded from esenthel page and it worked i have added all the integers and then flt experience , experiencemax, and it worked and then i added the last one and it stoped working...did everything the same way and even if i create a new random int or flt and i don t assign it to anything it stops responding too.. can you tell me why please???
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 08:07 PM by 1991mirec.)
10-01-2013 07:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TBJokers Offline

RE: client stops responding
You are missing a semi-colon at the end of the class, and that would cause problems. However i know it is not the float that is the problem. Go into the call stack and check exactly what the last thing ran is. Not possible for problems as far as i can see inside the class.

Also i suggest moving that code somewhere else, Health, max health. Critical chance and such should not be sent each time a movement command has been made. suspect this to be sent atleast 5 times a second now. instead of one at start up, one at update.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 08:31 PM by TBJokers.)
10-01-2013 08:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1991mirec Offline

thank you for your response
yeah i am aware of that it maybe should not be there... butwhy it worked with health and everyhing else but not the last one .. which is commented out?? even though it s just another float which have been put there the same way.

nad sorry can you tell me how to get into call stack thing?? sorry never done anything like that
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 09:02 PM by 1991mirec.)
10-01-2013 08:55 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

(10-01-2013 08:20 PM)TBJokers Wrote:  You are missing a semi-colon at the end of the class, and that would cause problems. However i know it is not the float that is the problem. Go into the call stack and check exactly what the last thing ran is. Not possible for problems as far as i can see inside the class.
In Code Editor you do not need to (and shouldn't) put semicolons after class definitions.
10-02-2013 06:22 AM
1991mirec Offline

well that s what i thought and i didn t put it there then... just why it doesn t work??
10-02-2013 09:15 AM
1991mirec Offline

hi again.. just would like to ask again if somebody knows what can cause stop responding the client if you make just one random integer.

please very kindly. thank you.
it s like if i add int x; there and that s it and i run it, it stops responding if i delete it and i run it again it works like nothing happened. it shouldn t be like that or am i making something wrong??
and again it is MMO downloaded from official webpage.
i would like to get some help from esenthel if it is possible cause it is making me confused. thank you very much.
10-02-2013 06:29 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi!

I recommend doing debugging, please hit F8 to open the project inside Visual Studio.
10-03-2013 12:17 AM
1991mirec Offline

hi this is what the message was in visual studio

Quote:Unhandled exception at 0x0fcb6557 in Client.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0xc445d560.
and it was at line one before last line .. just before closing bracket
Code:
__try {
            _endthreadex (
                ( (unsigned (__CLR_OR_STD_CALL *)(void *))(((_ptiddata)ptd)->_initaddr) )
                ( ((_ptiddata)ptd)->_initarg ) ) ; // this is the line where it was pointing at
}

any idea what it is?? because i don t know what it is. please help me out thank you very much
10-04-2013 02:29 PM
Rubeus Offline

Go further back up the call stack to where your code ends and the system code begins. That is going to be closer to where your issue lies.
10-05-2013 12:47 AM