About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Animation with equipment
Querion Offline

Animation with equipment
Hello there!

I would ask you, how to animate character/mob but with clothes, swords, backpack etc.
I know how to do this with 1 mesh in 3ds max but when there is more them I'm not sure what to do.
The best option is when I could change this eq independent to animation.

Could u help me, please smile
10-13-2013 09:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Animation with equipment
Hi,

The meshes need to have the same animation skeleton (in 3ds max), then once you import the clothes, drag and drop the file to existing body object and select import as cloth/armor. Or - after importing go to the "body" tab, and assign there the body object mesh.
10-13-2013 09:20 AM
Querion Offline

I checked it immediately.
I have some problems with it, how to force it to move together with animation?
It will be work with sword aswell?
And is there any way to change this parto f mesh by code? You know, change sword in-game = change this part of mesh.
Anyway thank u for fast answer smile
10-13-2013 09:48 AM
AndrewBGS Offline

Yes, all you mentioned there can be achieved. There is a simple Tutorial, I think it's under Rendering, Rendering Armor (or maybe it's under meshes...?) Don't have esenthel on this pc to see. Check that tutorial out, maybe you can figure out.

To put it short, the character will have some meshes (one for each clothing piece that would move - twist, turn and all that, for sword or helmet you can just set them on bone slot). And when you equip a new clothing piece just set that mesh to your chosen clothing. Note that the clothing material has to be edited to perfectly fit the character in the T-pose. (just look under Tutorials at a piece of armor and click body, you'll see what I mean).

Hope you can handle it.
10-13-2013 04:21 PM
Querion Offline

Oh, that's exactly what I want smile
Thank you for reply.
I hope I will ge this smile
10-13-2013 04:27 PM
AndrewBGS Offline

Let me know if you still have problems. I feel like I owe people here a lot for helping me out, and I'm trying to do my share in return pfft Good luck!
10-13-2013 04:29 PM