About Store Forum Documentation Contact

SQL
docrst Offline

SQL
How easy would it be to use the SQL parts for the mmo and not a flat DB?
11-01-2013 12:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spinel Offline

RE: SQL
I won't be able to answer this, but let me try.. What do you mean by using SQL parts without a DB?

normally DBs are managed by a language ( the more common is SQL ), for example we have MySQL that you can run and do some queries, aside of this, I didn't get to this part in the tutorials but I'm sure there is something related on how to use SQL in EE.

if the question is the oposide ( how to store data without the need of a DB, I think you can do it in the server side with a structure you need to create )

Just thoughts
11-01-2013 12:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
docrst Offline

sorry, using SQL server as the DB and not the flat file DB on the MMO.
Like Ineisis Online.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 02:32 PM by docrst.)
11-01-2013 02:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spinel Offline

I'm not sure since I don't have EE in my hands right now, but WIKI doesn't cover implementation, which probably means its on Tutorials folder
11-01-2013 02:44 PM
docrst Offline

the tut is geared to Ineisis Online and when I try to integrate it to MMO it errors and is a big fail.
11-01-2013 03:15 PM
Spinel Offline

you mean, when you try to integrate to your MMO, right? I think you just need to see how basic queries are done and where is the best place to make those queries in server. I wish I could help more, but we'll need help from others who already actually coded this in EE
11-01-2013 03:50 PM
docrst Offline

Thank you for answering Spinel, ill look around more.
11-01-2013 05:52 PM
Rubeus Offline

The integrated DB in EE *IS* SQL, if you were unaware. It's probably just a matter of learning the syntax.
11-01-2013 08:43 PM
docrst Offline

and putting it in the right order and the right places, thats what is never explained any where.
11-02-2013 04:04 AM
docrst Offline

any one want to make some money on the side converting my mmo sql to the Ineisis Online sql?
11-11-2013 12:48 PM
docrst Offline

$50.00 anyone?? name your price.
11-13-2013 01:51 PM
TBJokers Offline

(11-13-2013 01:51 PM)docrst Wrote:  $50.00 anyone?? name your price.

Give me a studious/careful description of what you want and i'll see what i can do.
11-13-2013 03:56 PM
docrst Offline

I need the Ineisis Online SQL code converted to use in the MMO.
11-13-2013 11:58 PM
TBJokers Offline

Do you want it to use MySQL or MSSQL?
Ineisis only does Accounts on SQL (MsSQL)
Do you want both characters and Accountso n SQL?
11-14-2013 12:07 AM
docrst Offline

MySQL please.
and both characters and Accounts on SQL.
11-14-2013 12:13 AM