About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Exporting assets from the editor
Ireheart Offline

Exporting assets from the editor
How do you export assets from the editor back into normal, non-encrypted format? or how do you allow Esenthel to show assets in their original formats.

I don't really see why the editor even needs to have sounds, music, or images as other formats, i can see why models might need to be, but it should be nice and clean and available e.g. editing sounds\images on the fly.

If you want a reason why, there's a asset i want to edit (a gui image) that i don't have outside of the project in the editor and i want to export it, work on it and import it back but i cannot figure it out and there is nothing on the wiki about exporting assets.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2013 12:48 AM by Ireheart.)
11-04-2013 12:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Exporting assets from the editor
Hi,
I've added this "•exporting some of project elements (like images, sounds, videos)" to the roadmap

It's recommended to not delete the source files from which you've created the project elements, so later you can do "reload" on the element, to re-create it from changes.

To export an element manually you can do that in your app,
simply access your image:
Images(UID(..))->Export("d:/file.png");
before doing that, you may want to temporarily edit your image in the Editor, to change from "Compressed" to "Full" so you won't lose any quality.
11-04-2013 01:33 AM
Ireheart Offline

RE: Exporting assets from the editor
Thank you Esenthel. Much appreciated.
11-04-2013 08:17 AM