About Store Forum Documentation Contact

creating a moddable game
sivan Offline

creating a moddable game
hi,

is it possible to make a moddable game with EE2.0? I mean users should be allowed to modify or to create new character meshes and textures used by the game (beside some outer custom AI script files).

with EE1.0 it was possible to allow users to create and convert some model mesh and texture files, until its free non-commercial version was downloadable... I don't know whether it is allowed or not to distribute the editor with the game...

I'm testing again EE1.0 and EE2.0, and I'm really satisfied with them (especially with EE1.0 flexibility, and EE2.0 graphics assets organization). maybe it is not a wise thing to use a withdrawn engine, but I simply need this feature I cannot imagine currently how to solve with EE2.0.

thanks.
11-05-2013 05:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sivan Offline

RE: creating a moddable game
okay, apparently someone else asked it earlier: http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...ght=import

anyway, it would be great to have the feature to import meshes (images can be)
11-07-2013 07:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SamerK Offline

Hi Sivan,
EE already have these features. For meshes check the header file in the editor ( Esenthel Engine\ _ \Mesh import).

regards
11-07-2013 07:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sivan Offline

thanks, I found it, but cannot get it to work... probably I need a little help...
11-07-2013 08:23 PM