About Store Forum Documentation Contact

PHP update script and Ineisis Server Setup
Piepants Offline

PHP update script and Ineisis Server Setup
Ahoy! I (think) I'm very close to getting a public test server up for Ineisis. I've been using the following tutorial:

http://www.esenthel.com/wiki/index.php?t...ding_Files

To summarize what I've done thus far, I've built the client, server, and dll as I read to, and setup filezilla windows server on a desktop on my lan. I connected to the server with the Esenthel Uploader and successfully began transferring the files. What I'm stuck on is I think the php part for finalizing the patching. Do I need to host something on my website instead of just on a local ftp server? When I try to Finalize the Uploader it tries to open the php script with an error in my browser. If it would be better to host the patcher stuff on my website I can do that, I just couldn't find much about the php stuff in the tutorials.

Also I did edit the 3 parameters in Ineisis Online/Main before building the dll, matching them to what I have in the Uploader. However I don't really know what I should put for the Http Dest Folder if all the stuff is on a local ftp server.

Thanks for any advice.
11-06-2013 06:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: PHP update script and Ineisis Server Setup
Hi,
If you run the server in debug mode, and the client as well, from within the editor. Then you don't need to use the Uploader and the launcher.
The Uploader requires your server to be able to run PHP scripts, to update the files.
For now I recommend just doing this in debug mode without launcher. Once you'd like to proceed to making your launcher and downloading game files, you'll need to work with some real server, with PHP support, not just FTP.
11-06-2013 09:58 AM
Piepants Offline

Hey,
Alright yeah I ran and have tested everything out in the editor. Is there a way to make the game publicly testable to a remote client without using the uploader and launcher?

If not, will I have to write my own php for the updater script to handle the uploader/launcher communication? I do have a desktop ready to roll as a deficated server and can set up whatever software is needed, I just had trouble finding details when searching forums posts and tutorials.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2013 03:58 PM by Piepants.)
11-06-2013 03:02 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

Yes you can just publish your client with correct configuration that connects to remote server.

You can install PHP on your own computer - http://www.esenthel.com/wiki/index.php?t...stallation

Uploader generates its own PHP script, you just need to have PHP installed so it can handle that.
11-07-2013 12:19 AM
Piepants Offline

Thanks very much for the info and link. Found a sql installation link as well. Will work on it and let you know! smile
11-07-2013 02:26 AM