About Store Forum Documentation Contact

EE store item - Visual Event System
rstralberg Offline

RE: EE store item - Visual Event System
Whow! I didn't notice this until now. This is exactly what I was intending to do in my Zero game project.
In fact it has more facilities than I planned to have. Did buy it directly. Great work.
08-01-2015 11:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tottel Offline

Thank you! I am glad it can help you out. smile
Let me know if you have any suggestions!
08-01-2015 12:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pwsi Offline

Getting an error after recent import project then build...

stdafx.cpp
d:\esenthel\projects\_build_\visualeventsystem\source\@BaseEvent.h(36): error C2059: syntax error: 'nullptr' [D:\ESENTHEL\Projects\_Build_\VisualEventSystem\Project.vcxproj]
d:\esenthel\projects\_build_\visualeventsystem\source\@BaseEvent.h(36): error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';' [D:\ESENTHEL\Projects\_Build_\VisualEventSystem\Project.vcxproj]
d:\esenthel\projects\_build_\visualeventsystem\source\@BaseEvent.h(37): error C2059: syntax error: 'nullptr' [D:\ESENTHEL\Projects\_Build_\VisualEventSystem\Project.vcxproj]
d:\esenthel\projects\_build_\visualeventsystem\source\@BaseEvent.h(37): error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';' [D:\ESENTHEL\Projects\_Build_\VisualEventSystem\Project.vcxproj]

Any thoughts?
09-05-2017 09:45 AM
Tottel Offline

Will fix soon. smile
Thanks for letting me know!

EDIT: I have made the fixes and marked the files for publishing. As soon as Esenthel approves, it will be available for download. The new file is called VisualEventSystem_v5a.7z
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2017 02:59 PM by Tottel.)
09-05-2017 02:12 PM
pwsi Offline

Awesome Work Tottel!
09-06-2017 08:15 AM
Tottel Offline

I have published another (small) update, here are the changes:

- Compatibility update with latest engine version.
- GameCamera can switch between First Person, Third Person and Look-At (Ready to be used by events.. Unfortunately, I couldn't add them myself yet as I am on the free version of Esenthel :( ).
- Updated Interaction class to take head pos and direction of the character into account.
- SlidingDoor actor now moves along with the door mesh while opening/closing.
05-23-2018 08:34 AM
Tottel Offline

Version 6 has been released:

- Crash fix when closing the application.
- Removed DoorTrigger. Added a new event OpenDoor which is triggered by a regular Trigger.
- Also removed BaseTrigger. There is now only EventTrigger. Simplified the EventTrigger class.
- Added a bunch of missing variables in the initializer lists.
- Added "final" keyword to a bunch of methods that are not supposed to be overriden.
- Added more asserts to check if provided UID counts match the amount of objects found in the scene during start-up.
- Added some more events to the Events_2 map.
- Fixed PlaySound fade in.
- VarAudio now also inherits from VarBase.
- PlaySound now also has a Duration.
- Removed Duration From RemoveParticles (Removing particles is permanent).

Enjoy!
06-19-2018 07:36 AM
Tottel Offline

TLDR: It's now completely free. smile

Originally, I was using my own event system for a game I was making. Because of reasons with poor back-ups I couldn't continue with it and I don't really feel like starting over right now.

Because of that, I was also no longer working on the event system. This meant it would frequently also not compile any more AND my paypal account was also closed because I moved to a different country (and no longer use paypal for anything anyway..).
On top of that, I also felt bad about charging money for a project that did not compile out-of-the-box. A small thing perhaps, but all reasons combined made me decide to make it now free for everyone.

A big thank you, to everyone who bought it over the years. I really appreciate the support you gave me and I hope you're all doing well!

Enjoy the event system, I hope it can be of help to a couple of you here. smile
11-26-2020 07:20 PM