About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Dupe code
docrst Offline

Dupe code
from time to time when i go to compile the editor doubles in the editor for some strange reason, i have been able to allays fix it but its just strange.
11-27-2013 04:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
docrst Offline

RE: Dupe code
update, it happens when i click synchronize codes..
12-09-2013 04:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gdalex Offline

Happened to me as well
12-09-2013 09:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

If you can please post steps to reproduce the issue.
1) Are you using one Server app on one machine, or multiple servers apps/different machines?
2) Does the entire code from one file get duplicated, or just some parts of it?
12-10-2013 09:56 AM
gdalex Offline

Even if I don't want it to happen again.. I'll try to reproduce the bug to help you correct it wink

If I remember right though,
1/ One server on one machine
2/ The conflicted client/server files
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2013 05:47 PM by gdalex.)
12-10-2013 04:03 PM
gdalex Offline

Esenthel, do you have a solution to force the server to accept a certain version of a file ?

Because when I had duplicated code in my files on the server it was a pain to restore a clean version in the server files.
1/ I exported with SVN feature the source code to have the sources encrypt names
2/ For each of my 36 files I search the encrypted name in the Edit folder of my project in my filesystem.
3/ I packed my source files and sent them to the remote server machine where I copy/paste these files in the filesystem of the project
12-10-2013 05:51 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

(12-10-2013 05:51 PM)gdalex Wrote:  Esenthel, do you have a solution to force the server to accept a certain version of a file ?
1. Synchronize codes with the server
2. Make changes on the client side
3. Synchronize again
This should work.

You can use import/export SVN menu function, or write your own using the Editor Network Interface.
12-19-2013 12:49 AM
docrst Offline

on 1 workstation i don't do any Synchronize or connect to any server and just close the editor and reopen it and it happens. some times its in a part of the code i havent even looked at.
12-19-2013 01:51 AM
1991mirec Offline

this happened to us too... and we figured out that if both of us are working on same cpp file and then he sync and then i do i get it doubled.. and when afterwards he sync again he has the same doubled thing too...
12-19-2013 04:44 PM
Rofar Offline

I can confirm problems with duplicated and misplaced code when synchronizing. I don't have any specific steps to reproduce it but recently after I synchronized, things got pretty messed up. I ended up restoring a backup to get it straightened out.
12-21-2013 04:38 PM
TheElk Offline

Now the latest for us is it is removing lines of code....

For example

I will be working on example (A) cpp and write some code and Mir will be working on (B) cpp and write some code when we sync it will remove what I have written or what he has written. This has been a hit and miss deal but if it was a lot of lines they are gone and no way to get them back.

Please Esenthel can look in to this it getting very upsetting.

Thank you
TheElk
12-31-2013 12:24 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

This would require following element from the roadmap:
Quote:•manual editing of code syncing conflicts
I can open this as contribution in EE Store if it's critical for you.
01-02-2014 06:00 AM