About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Hotkeys in Code Editor
jondahl Offline

Hotkeys in Code Editor
Some are listed here http://www.esenthel.com/wiki/index.php?t...#Shortcuts and some are listed in the EDIT menu at the bottom of the Code Editor.

I'm currently evaluating the Esenthel 2.0 engine and the tools, especially the Code Editor which is the biggest challenge of all since it involves learning a completely new workflow of coding.

My initial reaction when starting out with EE was to haul all code straight into Xcode and get to it, but then I saw the benefits of the Code Editor and how it's workflow is tailored to the engine, and it's getting easier and easier to use. However I'm insanely addicted to hotkeys and atm I haven't found all the essential ones yet.

My questions 1) is: Is there a list of all hotkeys in the code editor besides the two I mentioned in the beginning of this post?

and number 2): Comment out blocks of code? Is it possible to select a couple of lines and comment them out? I've googled it far too long not finding it.

Then there's variable refactoring, find&replace, multiple cursor, mac conventions (e.g. ctrl vs cmd-button) and other UX thingies that some find useful but I'll leave that to the Feature Requests section. (I know some are on the roadmap as well)

Cheers,
Jonatan

edit: just randomly discovered that ctrl+c ctrl+v with nothing selected duplicates the current line. It's mentioned here as well

/J
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2013 03:26 PM by jondahl.)
12-27-2013 03:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Hotkeys in Code Editor
Hi,

1) I think these are all of them.
You can also use Ctrl+RMB, Ctrl+Shift+RMB, Ctrl+MMB on project elements to copy their ID's to codes/clipboard.
2) Sorry at the moment there is no function for that.
12-29-2013 11:24 PM
jondahl Offline

RE: Hotkeys in Code Editor
Cool. Thank you

Jonatan
12-30-2013 02:26 AM