About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Amd Mantle
candam Offline

Amd Mantle
Hello Esenthel Community I wish to know what's your opinion on the new api that 'll work as an alternative to directx and opengl
Amd promised that it will be better than both in performance smile
do you think Esenthel will have support of it so soon smile
01-22-2014 02:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

RE: Amd Mantle
Can't really have an decent opinion about something which hasn't been properly tested/released yet, of course an API written from scratch for multi-core computers etc would have better validity to it. The aspect of Mantle looks great. Just hope if it proves itself that Nvidia and Intel will jump on board with it, so that it doesn't become an AMD only alternative.
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2014 02:20 PM by Zervox.)
01-22-2014 02:20 PM
candam Offline

Awesome you're right . it's just a discussion . I have a bright view of what amd is about to contribute to the world of gpus &cpus smile
01-22-2014 02:35 PM
yasei_no_otoko Offline

Mantle is still unpublished API.
I think AMD probably published Mantle SDK to GDC2014.

Cannot support the resolution 4K and 8K in DirectX or OpenGL.
ARM would agree so good terms with AMD.
nVidia also want exposes the Mantle or an equivalent API.
01-23-2014 03:03 AM
Scarlet Thread Offline

Hmm. Indeed there is not much to be said since we know so little about it except AMD's claims. I hope it is as good as they say it is...

but it will be rather silly if they don't make it cross platform or if other manufaturers don't support it (i.e. NVidea and Intel as Zervox said). Time will tell.. many rumors flying around on the net... many are contradicting each other so who knows whats true and whats not.
01-23-2014 05:20 AM
Zervox Offline

I just have to say from the Oxide Games(Nitrous engine) Swarm Test and Battlefield 4 on my rig it showed great potential. The difference was quite noticable.
Whereas I would lie on 24-64FPS, Average on 36 in BF4 on High Settings, I could up this to Ultra and sit on 49-89FPS, Average on 58.
02-03-2014 10:14 AM