About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Web JS compiles but won't run
ronghester Offline

RE: Web JS compiles but won't run
I tried installing the EE-2 couple of times but still unable to get the web app working. My issues is same it compiles fine (with numerous warnings) but when the html is run from the browser, I get that shader error.

I can compile and run regular c++ files using emscripten. But this web-app experiment never worked for me in EE-2.

Thanks
06-18-2014 02:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi, I recommend upgrading to the latest version, so you're up to date with latest bug fixes and improvements.
Thanks
06-19-2014 01:48 AM
cmontiel Offline

clientConnectToServer doesn't work in web?
06-19-2014 09:40 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

http://www.esenthel.com/?id=doc#Web
Quote:Networking

Browsers do not support regular sockets, instead they operate on WebSockets.

When using Esenthel C++ Socket class on a Web platform, you're actually using WebSockets.

Please be prepared that these sockets cannot connect to regular sockets (sockets on platforms other than Web), cannot connect to HTTP servers, and they're always non-blocking.

Esenthel does however support contacting HTTP servers (for example to download files or send POST commands) through the C++ Download class.

On Web platform, Download class operates on 'XMLHttpRequest' (please remember that the codes are actually JavaScript).

For this platform, when downloading files, you don't need to specify the full URL - "http://www.domain.com/game/Engine.pak". Because this is JavaScript code executed from a browser, you can download files with relative paths to the web page - you can execute Download with just "Engine.pak" URL if your game page is already at the same location. You can also download files with "/game/Engine.pak" URL (relative to root of your server) just as in normal JavaScript codes.

Esenthel 'FastConnection', 'Connection', 'ConnectionServer' classes have not yet been tested for Web platform.
06-20-2014 01:01 AM
ronghester Offline

Only thing I can see is all those having "Legacy License Owner" are having this problem but those who have purchased the new license seems to be able to compile it fine.
Is that the case?

One other thing the set up is not a problem Esenthel is generating a corrupted a engine.pak file which is causing the problem.
06-27-2014 02:47 PM