About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Esenthel: Simply a pleasure to work with
Pixel Perfect Offline

Esenthel: Simply a pleasure to work with
You know, working with this engine is a real pleasure because it simply does what you need it to do leaving you free to spend your time implementing things that are unique to your game. I don't have many hours in the week to devote my game so this is critical to me.

I'm now deep into AI design and have made massive advances over the last few months due to being able to concentrate on coding this and relying on the fact that when I need to call on the engine API to do something it's supported and it works.

To me this is the most important requirement of any game engine API as anything less holds you back having to implement workarounds or integrate third party solutions for things that should be there and fully functional.

Sure, occasionally I'll struggle understanding some aspect of the engine but with perseverance, and if need be help from others on the forum, I achieve the understanding I need. But this was never a failing of the engine, just my own comprehension.

Whereas I still have a way to go and there are clearly areas of the engine I have not utilized as yet I am quietly confident that my faith in this engine will be well placed.

Great job Grzegorz and a big thank you for Esenthel Engine 2.0
03-29-2014 01:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Esenthel: Simply a pleasure to work with
Thank you very much!
I greatly appreciate your feedback smile
03-29-2014 10:38 PM
SamerK Offline

Very well said Pixel Perfect. Thank you Esenthel, great engine with amazing support.
03-29-2014 11:59 PM
fatcoder Offline

You should share your thoughts on DevMaster with a review for EE. I see some recent reviews have been giving the engine a bad rap. Have a read.

http://devmaster.net/devdb/engines/esent...er-reviews

Unfortunately, as I read through the bad reviews it appears as though these reviewers didn't spend much time with the core engine. They probably download the trial, couldn't figure out what they were doing and went straight to "negative" review time.

Perhaps it is time for someone who has actually used the engine for some time to post a review. Unless you already have and it is buried down deep somewhere. smile
03-30-2014 12:04 AM
hightreason Offline

I researched a lot of engines before buying Esenthel. There are better engines out there that cost more money and/or have worse licensing agreements. There are cheaper (even free, open source etc) engines that are not anywhere near as good.

It seems to me Esenthel really is the best value around.
03-31-2014 01:51 AM
Rofar Offline

I have to agree with Pixel completely. I never feel like I'm fighting Esenthel to get it to do what I want. It is a pleasure to work with.
03-31-2014 10:32 PM
xzessmedia Offline

hey i can agree to that in all points and want to join this enthusiastic mood here.

its the best you can get for those few bucks it costs.
it provides a great all in one solution and i really enjoy working with it.
thank you very much for these great features you added since i joined, im looking very forward to the next steps and the great projects out there
04-01-2014 08:37 AM
AndrewBGS Offline

Thumbs up from me too!
Although I think we should praise the engine somewhere else, more publicly, besides making Greg smile maybe, I don't think we're serving much of a purpose here.

But the engine is great, personally I love the tutorials, it's the best way of learning how to do things by checking out working examples. I toyed with unity a lot, and despte the tones of youtube tutorials, I find a working example that you can dissect to be a lot more useful. And I love that here.

And yes, it's the best you can get at this price (and higher), and indeed a pleasure to work with smile
04-01-2014 01:10 PM