About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Help, creating material base_0 and base_1 ?
SamerK Offline

Help, creating material base_0 and base_1 ?
Hi, my project require incode materials creation. I tried to use CreateBaseTextures function to convert supplied color,alpha,bump&normal images into base_0 and base_1 materials textures, but the result material file always contains unneeded extra specular and glow maps (when I view it inside the EE material-editor) also I needed to flip the Y-normal to see things right.

I tried everything I know, If anyone can really guide me through the proper way in base_0, base_1 creation. and how to access the created images under the material from each base?.

check attached the material file created by my code ( you need to flip Y-normal at the EE material editor to see it properly, I can enable it using the same function but I kept it this way to show the exact result I'm getting) .

Thanks

Attached File(s)
.zip  mat.zip (Size: 358.05 KB / Downloads: 4)
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2014 07:16 PM by SamerK.)
03-29-2014 06:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SamerK Offline

RE: Help, creating material base_0 and base_1 ?
After a thorough forum search I found what I wanted after reading this link from one of the topics
http://www.esenthel.com/wiki/index.php?t...ction=edit

I really wish if these references and similar ones are available in the new documentation.

Thanks
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2014 08:22 PM by SamerK.)
03-30-2014 08:21 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

Please use 'CreateBaseTextures' instead of custom codes.

Quote:but the result material file always contains unneeded extra specular and glow maps
That's correct. They're all packed together so they don't use any extra space.

Quote:also I needed to flip the Y-normal to see things right.
CreateBaseTextures has Bool flip_normal_y=false param
03-31-2014 06:00 AM
SamerK Offline

Thank you Esenthel.
CreateBaseTextures is great easy function which I already use, but I was looking for more deeper understanding of the core method of materials base textures creation. I'm Ok with it now, I could successfully create base textures from code and also be able to extract the source images, its all about where to look inside the base color vector data.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2014 02:33 PM by SamerK.)
03-31-2014 02:33 PM