About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Code Editor Advantage over Visual Studio
SamNainocard Offline

Code Editor Advantage over Visual Studio
Hi,
I'm going to start import my code for for new engine soon, but I have a a question.

I watched the documentation and it's look great, but I want to know better before I start coding.

So, what advantage of Code Editor over Visual Studio?
05-16-2014 04:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

RE: Code Editor Advantage over Visual Studio
To name some:

No change to your code between platform releases, it's all done for you behind the scenes.

Faster code production due to syntax optimisations. No need for separate header files.

Nice auto complete and function lookup facilities.

Still use Visual Studio tools for debugging by simply pressing F8 to launch the project in VS.

Integrated code and level editor.
05-16-2014 05:11 PM
Rubeus Offline

Some other little things like UIDs show the name of the asset. Functions show the comments(aka documentation) for it in the tooltip. Less funny business with &, ->, ., and *. Lots of neat little stuff.
05-16-2014 06:35 PM
SamNainocard Offline

Using right now and it's great!
05-19-2014 04:04 AM
TBJokers Offline

I actually prefer to use Visual Studio because of my 'nasty' plugins wink Also I'm a hater on redefining keywords.. Also the fact that Visual Studio allows multi tabs.

But Code editor is good because no headers, everything is linked, you never have to worry about placement. But a real change from visual studio when it comes to the API's across.
05-20-2014 09:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply