About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Mixamo Fuse
SamNainocard Offline

Mixamo Fuse
http://www.mixamo.com/fuse

Have anyone ever tried this data-driven 3D character creator?
It seems good for those who aren't modeller, and it's royalty free.

It's should supported with Esenthel because of allowed importing to 3DS Max, Maya, Blender, etc.

--------------------
According to Steam Forums, registering gives 2 free autorig, while buying from Steam (on sale, 49.99$ until 15 Nov) gives extra 1 autorig per weeks, and some free contents.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2013 02:40 PM by SamNainocard.)
11-08-2013 04:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gdalex Offline

RE: Mixamo Fuse
I'll try that smile
11-08-2013 09:01 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

I think their software is impressive however it can work out pretty expensive if you require them to provide the full service ... that is rigging and animating compared to say buying pre made (but not exclusive to you) animated characters.

I think if you have an existing game and want a final set of good quality animated characters, that would otherwise involve hiring a 3D Artist to custom make, then it becomes cost effective! It certainly cuts out a lot of time which has to be costed in!
11-08-2013 11:33 AM
SamNainocard Offline

Buying from steam should be enough with this 1 free autorig per week service, I think. For animating use their free T-Shape should be okay.

I have yet to try though.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2013 02:49 PM by SamNainocard.)
11-09-2013 02:48 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

(11-09-2013 02:48 PM)SamNainocard Wrote:  Buying from steam should be enough with this 1 free autorig per week service, I think.
Thanks for the update on that. It's not mentioned at all on their site but if this is the case then is a much better deal as its normally about $69 to download a rigged character. One free fully rigged character per week is an attractive deal, especially if your doing the animating yourself using other tools!

Their own animation service relies on the purchase of animations / animation packs on a per use basis, there is no re-use of a purchased pack allowed as far as I can make out ... you have to purchase each time you animate a character.

I'd love to know more information on the variance in the model parts (I'm thinking particularly the faces). I've not found much information on what you can pick and choose from and alter within the tool!

Would be good to hear some first hand feedback from anyone who has purchased and played around with it.
11-09-2013 09:26 PM
gdalex Offline

The free assets are very limited. I thought the basic asset library would be bigger :/
11-10-2013 12:42 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Yeah, I downloaded the free demo and played around with it.

If all you are looking for is a basic male and female model that you can rig and then work with then these look pretty nice. I'm guessing they are really looking to sell their animations to people who feel that animation is beyond them or simply don't have the time .. like myself.

However, I'm not that impressed with their range of animations and they certainly are quite expensive.

What I ideally need for my game is a base male and female model rigged and animated with a suitable range of quality animations and ideally a selection of clothing of various type and genres which I could apply texture variation to myself. Fuse goes someway towards providing this.

But by far the most important thing for me is a supply of different faces as to me there is nothing more effective at killing the feeling of immersion than everyone in your game having pretty much the same face!

So far the only thing I've seen that gets close to this is FaceGen which allows you to bolt on a huge variation of human faces.

I like the idea behind Fuse but it seems very limited at the moment. If they could apply variations to the facial morphology allowing a degree of customisation I'd be very interested.
11-10-2013 02:17 PM
docrst Offline

I have 4 character that always say too big and wont work
11-10-2013 07:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply