About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Some questions for a newbie
double_web Offline

Some questions for a newbie
Hello Esenthel ! I found this amazing community and this awesome game engine, and I want to start a little bussines with one of my mate. We are looking for a combination between MMO && Action && Cool.

I downloaded Esenthel and I played a little bit with it, but:
1) Can I make a Full HD game (with super graphics) ?
2) I understand that the map can be very big. Why when I select the size, maximum is 124x124 ?
3) How to make a multiplayer game ? I saw a server.exe but, what does it do ? I want to connect it to a MySQL server, with my own DB structure. So, how can i do?
4) A tutorial for a login form + inventary + game play UI ?
5) A bigginer tutorial for programming..?
6) Why the store isn't working?
7) Why I can't register ? I bring a Forbiden error..
8) I saw some games built with Esenthel, but can I make perhaps, when my character stands, to animate him ? I don't want to a game with characters from stone smile.
9) If this game is multiplayer, how many simultaneous players supports the server ? I need a lot smile
10) With this engine, can I make a game like League of Legends or Dota for example ? Maybe.. I'll need a game with rooms..
11) With this engine, can I make a game like Counter Strike or Battlefield ?
12) If I have a team with 50 people and we work for a single game, I must buy 50 licenses or only 1 ?

If all the answers are ok for me, I will buy tomorrow a license.
Thanks !
05-24-2014 06:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rubeus Offline

RE: Some questions for a newbie
1) Yep.
2) You are probably seeing "Area Size" at 128 and the Heightmap resolution as well. The world is made up of as many areas as you want, and Esenthel dynamically loads and unloads areas depending on where the camera is.
3/4) You can check out the source for Inesis available in the Esenthel store($40). It's basically a groundwork for an MMO that you can adapt to your needs, and contains a wealth of information.
5) Esenthel uses C++ as a model for the Esenthel Script, or plain C++ can be used. Learn C++, and you can jump right in with Esenthel. And you *will* need to know how to use C++ or have someone on your team that does.
6/7) I was able to go in to the store and download both the free and my purchased software. Perhaps try a different browser?
8) Of course! Check out the Showcase section. Kingdom of Soul by PixelPerfect is a good example.
9) The limitation is your code and the server hardware. It can handle a lot.
10) Not a problem.
11) Easily done.
12) The licesnse is per-seat, so you would have to buy 1 license per person. You can get away with getting the designer a license and having them be the point of interaction between the game and the asset teams. The programmers will need the licenses to be very effective.
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2014 06:28 PM by Rubeus.)
05-24-2014 06:27 PM
double_web Offline

Thank you very much for fast reply.
1) How ? Getting HD materials, or setting something from settings ?
2) I still can't login or register. When I press on register, I get a Forbiden error on IE, Chrom, Opera and FireFox.
3) How to download Esenthel v2.0 ?
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2014 08:29 PM by double_web.)
05-24-2014 08:22 PM
Rubeus Offline

For HD resolutions, you can use D.mode(1920,1080,true); for fullscreen 1080.

If you want it to actually look good, then, yes, you will need high-quality art assets as well.
05-24-2014 08:29 PM
double_web Offline

I edited my last message, can you respond tothe point 2 and 3 please ?
05-24-2014 08:34 PM
Rubeus Offline

2) Just tested the registration-it worked for me on IE(Sorry for the bogus account, Esenthel >_> ). You will have to wait for Esenthel to help you troubleshoot that.

3) v2 is discontinued. v3 is the current version. You won't be able to download it unless you had previously bought it.
05-24-2014 08:44 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hello and welcome to the forum

2) could you please attach a screen shot of the error message, and browser console log output.
05-24-2014 09:08 PM
double_web Offline

2 Problems:

1) Register / Login on the website:

First:

[Image: tr1.jpg]

And..

[Image: tr2.jpg]

2) I want to try a little bit this engine until to buy, but some errors (maybe cuz I use v1.. ?) :

[Image: err1.jpg]

or

[Image: err2.jpg]

Please help me !

Thanks !
05-24-2014 10:16 PM
Rubeus Offline

Change TORQ to TURQ
Change draw to Draw

It is based on C++, so it is case sensitive. You can use the predictive text dropdown to make sure you have it right.

Also, that is the latest version of Esenthel.
05-24-2014 10:26 PM
double_web Offline

Oo.. sorry for my mistake!
Thanks a lot!

Another little problem is how to make a character, but if he has for example a sword in hand, to view in real. If he war an armor, to view that. Like Metin or Wow or any other interesting game smile. So.. ?
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2014 10:58 PM by double_web.)
05-24-2014 10:28 PM
Rubeus Offline

(05-24-2014 10:28 PM)double_web Wrote:  Another little problem is how to make a character, but if he has for example a sword in hand, to view in real. If he war an armor, to view that. Like Metin or Wow or any other interesting game smile. So.. ?
This is where you need to go through the tutorials and also learn C++.
05-24-2014 11:09 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Sorry I don't know why you're having problems with the website, perhaps you have some aggressive anti-virus / firewall software?

I've registered the account for you, will send you details over PM.
05-24-2014 11:09 PM