About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Hello and a Couple Questions
StevenP Offline

Hello and a Couple Questions
Hello!

I have been looking around at various game engines. So far Esenthel looks really good. My biggest concern with Esenthel is the need to be on the Internet all the time. That is not something I can promise that I will have access to. I often work on my games at lunch and I don't always have Internet access. Perhaps it can be changed where the product works provided it has called home within the last 24 hours? But for now that limit, unfortunately, may be the deal breaker for me. At this point I can't afford the source code license since, as I understand it, you need to pay the yearly fee up front (please correct me if I am wrong.)

I had some questions. Any directions would be appreciated.

1. Is it feasible to create full 2D games in this? If so, where can I see the command set available and maybe sample code? If I can find that I'll play around with it in the demo version. I have a few 2D games I want to write and get out there before I focus on my larger games.
2. Ouya and Fire TV support? Has anyone here tried supporting those?
3. To the developer: Any chance of changing the Internet requirement to check less frequently so I can work on this when there is no Internet available?
4. What features are next on the roadmap? Any hints? Some things that really interest me are: editable weather systems, physical cloth, destructible object creation, road systems for the terrain, and an integrated shader editor (and, of course, anything that boosts performance.)

From reading through the forums I can see there are a lot of helpful developers on here and the main developer for Esenthel seems very nice and is very ready to fix any bugs that are found.

Thanks,
-Steve

Edited: Shortened my wall of text.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 10:14 PM by StevenP.)
06-05-2014 09:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
StevenP Offline

RE: Hello and a Couple Questions
I am sorry for my previous post which was just a rambling mess. I edited it down to be more to the point.
06-05-2014 10:19 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

Sorry at the moment you can disable online license check (for yourself) only in the source version which is 1 year up-front.

1) Yes you can make 2D games no problem, Esenthel is capable of both 2D and 3D, there are various tutorials included.
2) I've never tried Ouya, Esenthel does have gamepad support (however it was tested only on Samsung Gamepad Controller on Android), I do not know if Ouya would require some more specific code.
There's no FireTV support
3) Sorry, not at this moment
4) Recently I'm focusing on popular and practical features, there is a general roadmap here http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=1507 but currently it's not sorted in order of development

Thanks!
06-05-2014 10:30 PM
StevenP Offline

Thank you for taking the time to respond.
06-05-2014 10:36 PM