About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Environment query
3DRaddict Offline

Environment query
I've been getting nowhere fast with linking the Environment object into a small test World I'm setting up using the World Editor. It shows up fine in the Editor but refuses to appear when I run the code (just a copy of the "02 - World" code from the Tutorials project)
A couple of screenshots to clarify:
[Image: EnvironmentQuery1.jpg]

[Image: EnvironmentQuery2.jpg]
07-21-2014 11:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3DRaddict Offline

RE: Environment query
Ok, I've kind of figured it... by dragging the Environment element into the World viewport, I now have at least a blue sky background on running the app. I now have to figure out how to get the shadow that shows up so clearly in the World Editor view.
I'm just finding it a bit of a hassle, paging backwards and forwards between the documentation, video tutorials, and forum answers whenever I reach a sticking point.
It would be nice to have a FAQ and HowTo easily available and updated on a regular basis.

LATER EDIT:

At last... grin

[Image: EnvironmentQuery3.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2014 02:14 PM by 3DRaddict.)
07-21-2014 01:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rubeus Offline

Grats smile And nice... table... I think... <_<

It takes a bit to figure it out, but the rest is far easier. The documentation isn't Esenthel's strongest suite, but you get to know the coding style and it gets easier to understand how things work.
07-21-2014 11:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

http://www.esenthel.com/?id=doc#Environment
Quote:Applying Environments

You can access Environments manually from the codes and apply them there, or apply them onto Worlds as their default Environment.

To apply as a default Environment of a World:
1.Open desired World Element
2.Drag and Drop an Environment Element at any location onto the Viewport of currently opened World
wink
07-22-2014 12:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3DRaddict Offline

(07-21-2014 11:59 PM)Rubeus Wrote:  It takes a bit to figure it out, but the rest is far easier.

Yes, it is a little different from the usual editor (but not cluttered and overwelmingly complicated). With a little practice I'll get used to it.
07-22-2014 07:29 AM