About Store Forum Documentation Contact

publishing
1991mirec Offline

publishing
for some reason when i uncheck the pak thing in project setting and i publish it it says publish faild "please chcek if there is enough free disk space and you have right permission" but i have 130 GB free space on the computer where it is going to publish and the permission doesn t make sence cause then it shouldn t allow to publish the pak one neither.. and it doesn t matter which project i am using..
i am using esenthel 2.0

thank you
08-04-2014 08:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: publishing
Hi,

Can this be reproduced in latest EE version? (EE 3.0)

If so, can you please provide exact steps how to reproduce the problem, starting from a new project, or attach an existing project with steps provided.

Thanks
08-05-2014 04:27 AM
TheElk Offline

(08-05-2014 04:27 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  Hi,

Can this be reproduced in latest EE version? (EE 3.0)

If so, can you please provide exact steps how to reproduce the problem, starting from a new project, or attach an existing project with steps provided.

Thanks

Sorry we don't have EE 3.0 so we can't check if it is doing the same thing there.

I can tell you we can publish your games Bloody Massacre,MMO,ETC
but we can't publish your 2 games in files mode. We can publish in PAK's mode.

Can other's that have version 2 of EE please try and see if they can publish there projects in files mode and let us know.

Thank you
TheElk
08-09-2014 12:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

Sorry I don't use 2.0 anymore, what I've did was:
-using 3.0 open Esenthel MMO
-change "client" properties to disable PAK creation
-publish
-all ok
08-09-2014 01:09 PM
TheElk Offline

(08-09-2014 01:09 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  Hi,

Sorry I don't use 2.0 anymore, what I've did was:
-using 3.0 open Esenthel MMO
-change "client" properties to disable PAK creation
-publish
-all ok

Well that's a shame I will not be updating my 4 licences until we are able to get the games we started finished using EE 2.0 because that's the engine I bought when we started with Esenthel. Will have to see if anyone else has this bug or problem as we do.

Thank You
TheElk
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 03:50 PM by TheElk.)
08-09-2014 02:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheElk Offline

Hi back

Well

Bloody Massacre
RPG-2
MMO
RTS
Ineisis Client

They all publish fine in file mode, But when you go to play them you get a error.

Can't Load pak "Bin/Engine.pak"

Also we disabled publishing our world and created a new world and we get the same error now.

Please there has to be something wrong with publishing in file mode.

Thank you
TheElk
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2014 03:10 PM by TheElk.)
08-09-2014 03:56 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hello,

That's by design.

Publishing as separate files is meant to be used only for uploading using the Uploader tool.

Then the files need to be downloaded using your custom installer/patcher app, with creating the PAK data files on the fly from downloaded files.

You can of course change that:
don't load the PAK's in EE_INIT();
but set DataPath instead to that folder.
This way it should work I think, without creating the paks.
08-11-2014 03:14 AM
1991mirec Offline

hello Esenthel thank you for your help I finally understand the patcher in ineisis after your explanation

back to not publishing in our projects.. i figured out that it gives us the error about not enough space or write permision only if we have there some blank elements.. if i disabled publishing material which i have added there but i didn t do anything about it and i left it there it didn t give me the error if i enebled publishing on it it did give me the error. the same with object.. i can get rid of that cause we probably don t need empty material. but can you tell us what can it cause within the world?? i figured that minimap did the problem too.. until i updated it.. then it was ok with publishing,.. what can it cause in the world please..

thank you
08-11-2014 08:39 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Thank you for reporting the issue, it is now fixed in the source.

A quick workaround for your problems is to make a small change to the empty elements so they're saved to disk.
08-12-2014 06:41 AM
1991mirec Offline

hello again.. i have one more question the uploader now works fine and with no problem (i am still experimenting with inesis). even inesis online downloads all the files and pak them just fine. but when the play button comes there and i push it, it gives me an error can t read client. so it s missing the ineisis client.dll file but why .. why it didn t creat when publishing ineisis client. so it could be uploaded to the server then downloaded with inesis online launcher/patcher and paked.

thank you
08-13-2014 11:09 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

Did you do this step?
Quote:Compile "Ineisis Client" application with 32-bit DX9 DLL config using Publish option
http://www.esenthel.com/?id=doc#Ineisis/Uploading_Files
08-13-2014 01:18 PM
1991mirec Offline

yeah its working thank you.. didn t find it before.. thanks a lot
08-13-2014 02:38 PM
1991mirec Offline

hey now i encountered to another roblem. and i solve it i just don t know if it s a good way of solving the problem. when i use launcher it does everything hit play button opens the game but launcher app hangs in windows processes. when i ended process it closed my game too.. that s probably because launcher is the game now too but my question is why is it hanging there if i close out of the game.. i solved it with ProcClose("exiled mirs Online.exe"); at the end of shut function but isn t there other way of solving this problem??
08-13-2014 06:31 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

Last time I checked (that was some time ago) then the launcher closes itself when the client does too.
Can you check the unmodified Ineisis Online if it works properly?
08-15-2014 03:48 AM
1991mirec Offline

ok i had to modify place where it is uploaded to because on yours it was blank so except that.. i didn t modyfi anything and here is what happens..
1, open ineisis online, downloads/updates the game and launcher if needed then play button apperas
2, push the play button, ineisis online window is closed and game is opend, in task manager in proceses there is proces called ineisis online. if i press end process it closes the game.
3, if i close the game with X button the ineisis online still hangs in task manager in processes. it doesn t end it. and i have to end it manualy with end process button.
08-17-2014 01:08 PM