About Store Forum Documentation Contact

[Bug?] [Linux] Font generation problem
Houge Offline

[Bug?] [Linux] Font generation problem
Hi there!

When I try and generate Fonts in Linux, "one-word" fonts (like Arial, Calibri, Garamond, Manjari, Pristina) work as expected, but "two-or-more-word" fonts (like MS Sans Serif, Comic Sans MS, DejaVu Sans) are not generated at all, default font is used instead.

Also when you go to "Editor Options" and try to change font of the editor, it sometimes disappears and is rendered as invisible font.

The only (that I found) exception in "one-word" fonts that is not generated properly is "Terminus".

Esenthel, can you please check this?
12-24-2018 09:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: [Bug?] [Linux] Font generation problem
Thanks I'll check this soon
12-25-2018 04:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

I've just updated Esenthel Source which should fix the name with space issues.

As for the font disappearing I was able to encounter it too, although only after couple minutes, now I'm using VM Ware so it's difficult to debug (slow). I'm suspecting it's some sort of issue in the FreeType library for Linux (perhaps because it's an old version now).

I'll be able to do more tests once I'll install Linux on another laptop.
12-27-2018 08:06 AM
Houge Offline

It works now, thanks a lot!
Take your time with editor font, it's not critical at all comparing to font generation.
12-28-2018 07:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Finally was able to find the time to investigate this, and problem will be solved for next release.
08-16-2019 09:53 AM
Houge Offline

Thank you!
08-18-2019 09:48 PM