About Store Forum Documentation Contact

How do I get the Free Demo?
Strategos Offline

How do I get the Free Demo?
I have a stupid question, or several, that is...
I like the look of the Esenthel engine, however, I'd like to try it out before buying the subscription that enables me (and my team) to create a commercial project. Because we're on the despicably inexperienced side, we're also looking for a free version to be able to learn the engine before developing...
Therefore...
A.) If you hit the Download button without hitting the "buy" button, do you download Esenthel for free?
B.) Can you easily port your projects in the free version to the subscription version?
C.)Can you get a free version of the "Esenthel with Source" option?
08-30-2014 12:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fatcoder Offline

RE: How do I get the Free Demo?
Just hit download in the store on the free version. It is the same as the paid binary version just with a few limitations. Projects are compatible between the free and paid versions was they are the same thing. You cannot get a free version of the source license.
08-30-2014 12:47 AM
Strategos Offline

Thanks... I got the free version of the Binary version... its great to know that, when I've gotten my head wrapped around the engine, I can simply pay the licence on the source version and begin the making of my fully game idea (rather than just toying around).
I've installed the binary version, and currently I'm having some problems getting to the terrain editor, which is kind of strange, but that's for another thread...
Hopefully I'll be able to wrap my head around things because this engine seems, in a word, ideal, for a large open world Medieval RPG...
08-30-2014 11:53 PM
Rofar Offline

The engine is perfect for that kind of game. Be sure to have patience while learning the engine. There are things with the editor that are not that intuitive (until you work with it enough).
09-02-2014 10:16 PM