About Store Forum Documentation Contact

[iOS] App store rejection because use of advertising identifier
MrPi Offline

[iOS] App store rejection because use of advertising identifier
We're in the review process with Apple now and got rejected because of the use of advertising identifier.

This is what they replied:
Quote:In addition, we found your app uses the iOS Advertising Identifier but does not include ad functionality. This does not comply with the terms of the iOS Developer Program License Agreement, as required by the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, section 3.3.12 of the iOS Developer Program License Agreement states:

"You and Your Applications (and any third party with whom you have contracted to serve advertising) may use the Advertising Identifier, and any information obtained through the use of the Advertising Identifier, only for the purpose of serving advertising. If a user resets the Advertising Identifier, then You agree not to combine, correlate, link or otherwise associate, either directly or indirectly, the prior Advertising Identifier and any derived information with the reset Advertising Identifier."

Note: iAd does not use the AdSupport framework, ASIdentifierManager, or the Advertising Identifier. Therefore they are not required for iAd implementations and should not be included in your app for iAd support.

If your app does not serve ads, please check your code - including any third-party libraries - to remove any instances of:

class: ASIdentifierManager
selector: advertisingIdentifier
framework: AdSupport.framework

If you are planning to incorporate ads in a future version, please remove the Advertising Identifier from your app until you have included ad functionality.

To help locate the Advertising Identifier, use the “nm” tool. For information on the “nm” tool, please see the nm man page.

So, right now any apps that don't want to serve ads (like ours) will get rejected. It might be good to make the use of AdSupport optional in the engine for the game.
08-30-2014 02:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: [iOS] App store rejection because use of advertising identifier
For the moment please:

-Open the Engine xcode project
https://github.com/Esenthel/EsenthelEngi....xcodeproj

-disable linking to "libGoogleAdMobAds.a"
https://github.com/Esenthel/EsenthelEngi...AdMobAds.a

-disable google admobs usage in the engine by editing:
https://github.com/Esenthel/EsenthelEngi...sement.cpp
by adding "#undef IOS" at the top of the file (after stdafx.h)

-recompile the engine for iOS

-recompile the game

I'll try to make this as an option in the Editor.
08-30-2014 02:33 PM
Rubeus Offline

If you have a library cabable of serving ads, but you decide not to use them... they reject it? I always knew Apple was communist, but that's a little ridiculous even for them.
08-30-2014 03:29 PM
MrPi Offline

Rubeus,

I think it's a fair point, because that identifier is a unique device identifier and they don't want developers to use that for other purposes.
It's a privacy decision.
And I think I'm fairly sure Apple is far from communist. They make way too much money. wink
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2014 02:26 PM by MrPi.)
09-01-2014 02:25 PM
Rubeus Offline

Ah, I didn't realize it had privacy ramifications. Still seems pretty silly, though.

Keep in mind, also, that communists *DO* make a lot of money. It's just all taken from their less well-off loyal masses that don't enough to be upset about it.........
...and when one complains, they tell you to buzz off so one must drill holes in the bottom of his Macbook Pro to alleviate overheating issues.

/biased
09-01-2014 03:38 PM
MrPi Offline

Let's just say that communism is a theoretical construct, as there is no such thing, or has ever been.
But we shouldn't turn this into a political discussion. wink
09-01-2014 03:42 PM
Rofar Offline

Yeah, good idea not to get into a political discussion here but I do love Rubeus's posts smile
09-02-2014 10:25 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

This was solved in latest update.
10-04-2014 01:06 AM