About Store Forum Documentation Contact

HttpRequest/RPC Service
Alexsee Offline

HttpRequest/RPC Service
I'm afraid this will be a badly phrased question, especially given that I have yet to update to the most recent version and I know next to nothing about web communications.

I find myself in position of having to write several small applications/mini-games for the web. However, it must interface with a specific portal where it seems the URL for the httprequest is retrieved using rpc service(???). That is, the URL is not explicitly stated in the short flex/mx example that I've been provided. The applications will send data in the form of strings to the portal.

Despite the vague questions, is this possible given the current state of Esenthel web deployment?
09-30-2014 01:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: HttpRequest/RPC Service
Hi,

I don't know what's a rpc service, but you can use the Download class to communicate with http servers. Including php scripts. That gives a lot of flexibility.
09-30-2014 02:11 PM
Alexsee Offline

Thanks. I'm actually constrained, at this point, to working with a specific portal meaning I can do nothing on the server side. Applications are uploaded to the server as shared resources, then deployed as needed by different users into "groups of tests" - meaning duplication of games -, which may be the reason that the server endpoint must be retrieved in code rather than hardcoded.

Later, we'll move onto a more accessible platform.

Once I update I'll look at the Download class.
09-30-2014 02:22 PM
MrPi Offline

RPC means remote procedure call, I assume that's what Alexsee is referring to.
10-02-2014 01:32 PM