About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Terrain limits
zeph2 Offline

Terrain limits
Ok so I decided to test and push terrain size. I wanted to see if it held up to the word Unlimited.. EE's limitation out pushed My own hard drive.

Well, I was only able to get slightly less then a quarter of the USA done, and to no fault of EE itsself.. I ran out of harddrive space lol... I deleted the world and My drive space has not reclaimed....

My questions are:
1) how do I reclaim used hard drive space after deleting the world?
2) By default I have the lesser of my 2 drives as the O/S and my 3 tera as the backup D drive.. Is it possible to use EE On C drive and save to D drive?
3) Is it possible to install EE to My D drive and use it from there?
10-26-2014 08:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
compulsive compiler Offline

RE: Terrain limits
I don't see why not , It's just a path .

you can change the data path with the editor ,atleast that is what I know of the first version of the engine ..

the engine also makes use of various compression libraries/techniques ,for compressing/accesing resources ,wich is just one of the various manners in
which you could save on space .

don't mind to much of what I say ,I am stil stuck at version 1 of this engine ..
10-26-2014 08:55 PM
Zervox Offline

While having the project open, you can press the M button on the bottom left and use erase removed elements.
10-26-2014 10:28 PM
zeph2 Offline

(10-26-2014 08:55 PM)compulsive compiler Wrote:  you can change the data path with the editor ,atleast that is what I know of the first version of the engine ..

don't mind to much of what I say ,I am stil stuck at version 1 of this engine ..

How to do I do this?

EE is definitely worth bumping up your version when you can... Best Terrain engine Ive ever seen, and Ive used plenty over 15 years. I think for the first time Ive found what Ive been looking for... Im in love lol pfft

(10-26-2014 10:28 PM)Zervox Wrote:  While having the project open, you can press the M button on the bottom left and use erase removed elements.

Yes this is working.. Thank You very much wink
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2014 10:41 PM by zeph2.)
10-26-2014 10:37 PM
compulsive compiler Offline

the basic manual which came with v1 has a couple
mentioned , in the converter tool you have like 3 different data compression options ,speed vs size depending on what you choose ,the engine can access files stored in pak files ,however I have never
made use of it yet ,so if it works for terrain I wouldn't
know if it is just the world files you need to add ..

and I guess texture size and terrain resolution would
have an effect on size to .

we are all in love with this engine ,just a bit sad about
the new price model ,in my currency you would have to multiply by 10 which isn't bad but it's just the time
constraints that get me down ,I won a pro engine licence of another engine worth around 7000 to 9000 in my currency if i remember correctly but it is nothing compared to esenthel .
10-27-2014 08:44 AM
zeph2 Offline

(10-27-2014 08:44 AM)compulsive compiler Wrote:  we are all in love with this engine ,just a bit sad about
the new price model ,in my currency you would have to multiply by 10 which isn't bad but it's just the time

I agree, in part but.... I dont like that I have to pay in full to get access to the full source.. Im poor as it is..... Im not even sure if My project will ever take off like it should.. So for me to spend in one large lump sum is a huge risk for me since Im barely living day to day with zero income, and lifes struggles....

I would hope that the source can be purchased in monthly installments even if the price was a $1-$3 more per month.. Instead of the One lump sum deal... Regardless in retrospect its still affordable.. Guess I need to use the binary for now then save up for several months and one lump sum buy it for the yearly..
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2014 06:26 AM by zeph2.)
11-16-2014 06:25 AM
Tottel Offline

(11-16-2014 06:25 AM)zeph2 Wrote:  I dont like that I have to pay in full to get access to the full source..

Just ask yourself if you really need the source code. you can do so much with just the binaries already.
11-16-2014 07:33 AM