About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Build Tutorials APK, and Web
zeph2 Offline

Build Tutorials APK, and Web
Are there any build tutorials for APK, and Web? I Googled, and cannot find any..
For example lets say As a test I want to use a basic tutorial World build. Where there is a tiny amount of land, and one character to run around. Just in order to learn the Build, to Apk, or Web..
For instance I attempted, an Apk build I received errors..
I also attempted a Web build, which was successful, But I cannot find the file..
10-21-2014 08:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Build Tutorials APK, and Web
Hello,

Could you attach the error output from the apk compilation?

For web compilation please use the provided Web tutorial included in the "tutorials" project. It may be called "Web app" or something similar.
Select Web platform build target, and select publish option, it should compile and upon success it will open a folder containing the necessary files automatically for you.
10-21-2014 10:45 PM
zeph2 Offline

The Apk error is: Application package Tutorial must have a minimum of 2 segments
I found two other websites that reference this, once is in Asian, and the other the user figured it out, but does not leave a record as to how they fixed this..
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...7#pid49017
http://sunnyday.hatenablog.jp/entry/2013/12/11/155541

As pointed out here: http://www.monkey-x.com/Community/posts.php?topic=2917
From what Im understanding is that before I first attempted to Publish the Apk.. A pop up window popped up, and I made a name that did not contain 2 words in it... But for some reason I cannot get this window open again to edit the name..

The Web Publish, I followed the Tutorial. Im able to find the file now, and run it by double clicking on it in the Publish folder, but the html page left in the debug folder loads in browser, but leave an error of Emscriptem Exception thrown, see JavaScript console with two check boxes resize canvas, and lock hide mouse pointer and full screen button, and the window where the game would be is black with -1 in the upper left corner..
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2014 10:59 PM by zeph2.)
10-21-2014 10:55 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

I've answered the first question in your original thread:
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=7112

As for the web, you need to upload it to your server, I've noticed emscripten has issues when run directly on your hard drive.
10-21-2014 10:58 PM
zeph2 Offline

Ok. I Managed to change the name, and that error is fixed now Im receiving another error.

These are the 3 Errors:
Build Failed
C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\tools\ant\build.xml 601 The following error occured while executing this line.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\tools\ant\build.xml 720 The following error occured while executing this line.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\tools\ant\build.xml 734 Class not found javac1.8

Would this have anything to do with the Lib paths? If so what are the correct Lib path, and for includes.. If not what else can this be..?
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2014 11:40 PM by zeph2.)
10-21-2014 11:09 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

Can you tell me if you have installed JDK 6/7?
http://www.esenthel.com/?id=doc#Compilers
Quote:Android SDK supports only JDK 6 and JDK 7 versions.
10-22-2014 04:41 AM
zeph2 Offline

(10-22-2014 04:41 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  Hi,

Can you tell me if you have installed JDK 6/7?
http://www.esenthel.com/?id=doc#Compilers
Quote:Android SDK supports only JDK 6 and JDK 7 versions.

Yes I have installed:
Java Se Development Kit 7 update 71 (64bit)
Java 7 update 71 (64bit)
Java 8 update 25 (64bit)

I uninstalled Java 8, and I ended up with an error.. So I uninstalled all Java reinstalled, and same error.. Then I uninstalled again, and did a registry fix. Then I had a JAVA_HOME error which I pointed windows 7 variables to C:\Program Files\Java

The build was successful after this, and so was the publish, but I am unable to find the .apk file now.... I looked in all the folders and there is no .apk
I named the app build as tutorial.test
theres a test folder and an apk folder but inside was R.java.. I can seem to find an apk file.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2014 03:36 AM by zeph2.)
10-24-2014 02:10 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

Yes that could be a problem, please uninstall all Java 8 related software on your PC and keep only version 7.

After that please make sure that:
"Build\Show Options (F9)\Paths" points to Java JDK version 7
10-24-2014 03:30 AM
zeph2 Offline

Yea I had a path problem but I fixed It.. I replied while you replied.. I have a successful build and publish now.. But... I am unable to find the pesky apk file lol.. I looked in all the folders inside the build folder... and I cant find it...
I rewatched the publish video to see the persons location.. I noticed, that when the publish was successful, no folder named publish popped up.. I looked inside the build folder, and there is no publish folder...

I deleted the build folder, and rebuilt the application, and then did another publish, and the folder popped up, and theres an apk file in there now... I put the apk file on an Android Tablet, and it installs and loads.. Didnt have any touch countrols guess the default input code is not working.. Ill figure that out later..

Esenthel doesnt seem to check when you do it multiple times giving the popup folder as it would on a clean build, and publish..
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2014 04:11 AM by zeph2.)
10-24-2014 03:38 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

The Editor will open the folder with the APK everytime when you use Publish option.

You don't need to do that for test development, just connect your android device with USB cable, and press the "play" button on the bottom of the editor. It will automatically install and start the application on connected device.
10-24-2014 04:36 AM
zeph2 Offline

(10-24-2014 04:36 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  The Editor will open the folder with the APK everytime when you use Publish option.

Idk.. Wasn't opening for me till I deleted the build folder, and recompiled, and then published again.. For me it bugged out..

(10-24-2014 04:36 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  You don't need to do that for test development, just connect your android device with USB cable, and press the "play" button on the bottom of the editor. It will automatically install and start the application on connected device.

I didnt know this thanks for all Your help pfft
10-24-2014 04:52 AM