About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Huge User Interface Update is coming
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Huge User Interface Update is coming
A sneak peek of what's to come:
https://www.facebook.com/EsenthelEngine

lol

I still want to try making 2 additional skins before releasing the update.
11-08-2014 01:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AndrewBGS Offline

RE: Huge User Interface Update is coming
Nice, this looks really awesome! And the enegine needed this.
It looks really neat. If I can say so though, it would cool if you could update the window title bars too, those are still old-fashioned. but besides that, everythings looks awesome.
11-08-2014 02:06 PM
Houge Offline

That's very cool!
Can't help waiting for current update! smile
11-08-2014 02:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rubeus Offline

Sweet! I take it this is a GUI Editor update as well? http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=4111
11-08-2014 04:04 PM
Tottel Offline

Fantastic! I always loved the dark theme in Visual Studio and will be happy to put Esenthel in the same style!
Of course, that it makes the UI for the actual applications easier too, is even better news!

Also, minor note: I absolutely love the blue-ish glow on the sliders in the dark theme. It looks so awesomely sci-fi.
11-08-2014 05:12 PM
Jaehiko Offline

This really looks great!
11-08-2014 10:21 PM
Harry Offline

Great news smile As Tottle wrote bluish glow is really cool. And I also like dark theme in VS (I moved on it few weeks ago and I feel my productivity growed grin).

But I think that it could be good if you change window bar color in dark theme. For me, this default blue color doesn't fit to the rest of theme.
11-08-2014 10:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

I would say that blue color window bars feels more correct than the progress slide bars. although cool, I feel the glow is bleeding a bit too much for my tastes atleast : ) but yeah can't wait for this gui update. : )

by the way, has there been made any improvements in regards to the UI performance? I've noticed in some cases that the UI can really kill performance as it doesn't seem to have draw batching or ways to save drawcalls.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2014 11:19 PM by Zervox.)
11-08-2014 11:17 PM
fatcoder Offline

The blue glow in the dark style is definitely over powered in comparison to the rest of the dark style.

However the glow in the light theme is great though, subtle and sleek. In fact that green progress bar would probably look good with the same... err... actually, I couldn't help but have a fiddle with it while I was writing this, just to see what it might look like... blushing

Its a pretty rough job I banged out in a few minutes so don't look too close. lol I was just playing with the colour balance across the UI. The window title bar colours aren't quite right (still too bold I think) and the tick boxes above were just an experiment with similar styling.

I also would love to see some UI performance improvements as it does seem to have a bit of a hit when you start drawing a few UI elements. I'm pretty sure this has been talked about several times over the years though, so won't dredge it up again.

Very interesting update though. Look forward to how this turns out, and any GUI related improvements in the engine!
11-09-2014 01:43 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Thanks everyone for the comments, I've added some tweaks which you'll notice on next release.

(11-08-2014 04:04 PM)Rubeus Wrote:  Sweet! I take it this is a GUI Editor update as well? http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=4111
There will be many new improvements, yes you'll be able to do those things in 2 ways, using Panels and Panel Images. I'll post more details once all is ready.

Btw. just finished another skin:

Now only one left to go grin
11-09-2014 09:08 AM
fatcoder Offline

(11-09-2014 09:08 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  Btw. just finished another skin:

This new one is really nice! Would actually make a great GUI for a game. Although I still feel the glow on those progress bars is a bit too strong (or just the colour of them is too bright), which makes them feel a bit unbalanced against the other UI elements. Other than that really solid work!
11-09-2014 11:11 AM
georgatos7 Offline

Awesome update. I really like the dark versions and the customizability.
11-09-2014 07:38 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I'm uploading the latest update right now.
Source on GitHub is ready, Windows and Linux Binaries too.

Mac was uploaded however I've just discovered an issue with it, so please hold on until I fix it (this may take a few hours as it's 2 am now and I'll be able to fix it tomorrow morning).
11-10-2014 01:00 PM
Houge Offline

Server on linux is working! smile
P.S. you can see it's virtual machine pfft

Attached File(s) Image(s)

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2014 06:24 PM by Houge.)
11-10-2014 06:22 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Thank you, that's included as part of the now-released version history - http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...n=lastpost
11-10-2014 10:39 PM