About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Ineisis Online Area Size Cutom
zeph2 Offline

Ineisis Online Area Size Cutom
I was wondering where exactly do I control the Bounding Box perimeter on area size.. Say for example Im using a 2km height map, and I want to increase Ineisis default area size loading more zones instead of being stuck inside a walled cube space.. Im shooting for a seamless open world type feel..

I tried changing these areas but nothing increased the show or load land size..

const int Areas=6, AreaSize=64, HmRes=32, BlocksDim=64, BlocksBorder=2, ViewRange=2000,
AreaUpdateDist=32; // distance in meters after which transfer areas from server to client
const flt HeightmapScale=1.0; //1.0/8;

const BoxI WorldBoundsBlocks (VecI( WorldBoundsAreas.min.x *AreaSize , -2032

I figured out what the problem was.. Areas=6 <-- changed to 60 as a test and the area is now larger.. But.. The heights are all over the place high n low with gaps.. So, Im left with two questions..

1)What does the following exactly do? BlocksDim=64, BlocksBorder=2

2)Whats the best way of dealing with custom height maps, and these gaps between areas? I noticed the default flat Area get created, and loaded as well..
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2014 09:04 PM by zeph2.)
11-09-2014 08:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
zeph2 Offline

RE: Ineisis Online Area Size Cutom
bump
12-15-2014 03:53 PM
zeph2 Offline

Well Ive been kinda doing that already.. Ive been making small edits to see what what does.. Im just trying to test out the limitations of of Inesis out the box to see if I can use it for a full open world.

I really dont need the blocks, not shooting for a minecraft style game but I was thinking I could edit the code, and use models for buildings, walls, and structures ect... What I did need was open terrain,sql, network, log in account code. This has always been my hangup over 15 years which stopped me from actually making any kind of game..

Now Im hoping I can have some dummy world up n running to experiment with and code the rest of the game, and try to add in my other code Ive made from use in other engines.. I just dont like the world bound limits, and I dont want a looped procedural terrain.. Everything that Ive done over 15 years has been pretty much discovering, and teaching myself the A-Z skills I need.. Im pretty much ready to get down to work, and make a prototype demo game, even tho my programing aspect is not that great...
12-16-2014 06:00 AM
zeph2 Offline

Nvm I figured this out...... Its Areas=# the number of areas u desire to be revealed in conjunction with world bound Minx n Min Y below that.. They kinda work together......
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2014 04:38 AM by zeph2.)
12-17-2014 04:36 AM