About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Automatic Update not applying
Rubeus Offline

Automatic Update not applying
I've been on an extended business trip, so my EE is pretty far behind in updates(pre-October update).
Just now, I opened EE, and let it download the update. I can confirm the update folder is full-764MB to be precise-but the "Apply Updates" option never pops up in EE.
I tried deleting the contents of the update folder and letting it download again, but to the same result.
So, because I'm lazy and didn't want to reinstall entirely, I just cut and pasted the files from the update folder to the proper locations and overwrote existing files. I then started EE, and it downloaded another update-what I assume is the tutorial project folder. No "Apply update" option for this, either. Could there be some kind of bug, here, involving updates that have tutorial modifications?
11-23-2014 05:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Houge Offline

RE: Automatic Update not applying
If you are behind november update, you need to update manually once. It's because major GUI update in november. Further updates will come as earlier, automatically via interface.
11-23-2014 07:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Automatic Update not applying
Hi,

To make sure that you're up to date. Please download latest installer from the store, start it, and point the path to your existing location of Esenthel folder.
It will display the update progress.
11-23-2014 11:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply